Signs

"Come on Crystal! We're gonna late for tha meeting!"

"I'm coming..."

I walked over tiredly, exhausted from the exercises that were executed before the sun kissed the sky. Me being silly and pushing my limits with what I can get away with, I decided it would be the best idea to take a nap before a big meeting. Luckily, I told my friend and teammate McCree, which is the same person yelling at me. My black wolf ears twitch at his voice in annoyance as we entered the elevator.

"McCree, sweety..." I whispered out. He pressed a button and turned to me chuckling, "Yes darlin'?" My ears flatten as I tiredly glared up at the tall cowboy. I just lifted a finger to my mouth at signaled that he was too loud for my sensitive ears. I hate talking when I just wake up and am usually quiet, keeping to myself when I wake. I am not a morning person and tend to get rather vicious towards others for disturbing my peace.

He chuckled quietly and whispered, "Sorry darlin', but Jefe will have our asses if we don't make it in time. This is not our first time late ya know." I just nodded and closed my eyes as the muffled sounds of the elevator went up. "You shouldn't be taking cat naps in the middle of the day, especially when there's a meeting sweetheart," I grunted back, making him stop nagging me.

The doors opened with a ding and I went forward without opening my eyes. Bad Idea. "Uh, Crys-" I bumped right into something sturdy and hard, like a wall. That was the first thing that came to my mind so, "Who put a freaking wall here?!?!" I growled out, rubbing my head irritated. Turning to McCree that I heard chuckling behind me, I opened one eye to him, "It's not funny cowboy! We are stuck here and late for a meeting! I'm going to kill whoever thought it was a good idea to put a wall in front of the elevator doors!" I raged, feeling my tail fluff up as McCree seems to be dying of laughter. I wanted to rip out his throat. Just as the thought came to mind and my hand raised, my claw-like nails coming out more as I took a step towards him. I felt my eyes change as well.

Suddenly I felt my wrist being grabbed from behind me, causing me to glare and growl at however dared to grab- oh... "Commander Reyes..." I became small and lower my ears as he still had a tight grip on my wrist. My eyes changed back to normal, knowing better. McCree seemed to burst out in laughter. I wanted to glare at him, but I was trapped in the hard gaze of hazelnut eyes. I gulped, knowing I was in deep trouble. I opened my mouth to say something but closed it immediately knowing that it would be fruitless.

"Glad you found this amusing boy." McCree quiets down, knowing he was in scrolling of his life, or laps. I would take the laps rather than getting lectured, but they know me all too well by now. "You're both late. Get in here. Now. I'll lecture you later." After his harsh commands, he threw my hand down and turned towards the room. I followed behind, head lowered and tail between my legs. McCree patted my back as he followed.

As we took the walk of shame, the door to the meeting room opened, "There they are, late as usual. Seriously, Reyes, you got to train your agents better." I heard my commander grunt, "I thought that they knew better by now, but apparently not." He turned to McCree and me, "Sit." I instantly followed his command, McCree on the other hand took his sweet time. I sat next to Genji and an empty seat, which Commander Reyes took upon himself to occupy. I silently whined trying to focus on the meeting. He knew what he was doing.

"Let's finally start this meeting." Strike commander Morrison glared at me then at McCree, which he did not seem bothered by the look. The meeting considered nothing but our plans on attacking talon and yada yada yada. It was hard to focus as I became sleepy once more. I let out a silent yawn behind my hand which went unnoticed by the others in the meeting. Or so I thought.

I felt a slight tug in my tail followed by a harsh squeeze. I jolted, almost yelping by the unexpected pain. I looked over to Genji hoping he was just trying to keep me awake, but both hands were on the table and he was zoned in on the Strike commander. My ears then went down as I dreaded to look over to commander Reyes. I turned forward then sneaked a glance at my commander. He was glaring more than usual, with one arm down- 'Crap!' I turned my attention back to the meeting, the words still going straight through me.

Saying I feared my commander was an understatement. I was terrified, petrified even. When I first joined, I was shy and scared of the hard man. But once I got used to his harsh demeanor, and McCree and Genji showed me it was not all that bad, I began to get comfortable, even friendly with the said commander. I started to even like the man. But once McCree started to tease me and Commander Reyes, He became cold and harsh towards me once more. It made me depressed more than scared, to be honest.

I looked down at the notes we were handed at the beginning of the meeting and tried to focus on those and not- I bit back a yawn, making my eyes water. The commander must have noticed this as well, as I felt another harsh squeeze farther up my tail, making me yelp out this time. Everyone looked at me as I stood, hands on the desk as I quietly growled. "Agent Wolf? Is there a problem?" I exhaled slowly as to let my anger and instincts out, "I wish to be excused for a moment, to the restroom, please?" I opened my eyes making most of the people tense up. As I smelt their fear, I knew my eyes read danger. "Of course, just raise your hand next time." I bowed slightly, not wanting to be looked at with fear, "My apologies." I walked out as I heard the Strike Commander state, "We'll continue when she gets back." 'Thank God.'

I went into the restroom looking at my tail. "That was too far, even for a discipline action..." I mumbled, seeing a scar he had opened and started to bleed. I found a first-aid and took care of the wound. "My Commander knows what's best..." I growled out this time, reminding myself that he is the alpha. "A shitty one..." After a moment, I looked in the mirror calmly and see my eyes were back to normal. I sighed and started my way out of the bathroom.

I looked down at my tail as I bumped into something firm this time. Still scarred from earlier, I slowly looked up after shaking my head. "Strike Commander..." Surprised I found him out here. "Are you alright?" He asked mentioning my tail. I only nodded, not wanting to explain the embarrassing situation. "If he's giving you trouble-" "No!" I yelled out then quickly lowered my voice, "Sorry, but I'm a big girl, I need to accept everything thrown at me..." "But this is unacceptable!" He glared down at my tail, seeing the bandage already being soaked with crimson. "Tis but a scratch," I grinned up, trying to lighten the mood. I looked down sadly seeing that he was still upset. "After the meeting, you are to come to my office, understand?" I nodded and followed him back to the room.

I was about to walk back to my seat when I noticed it was taken by a frowning cowboy. I questionably looked over to his old spot, seeing it empty. I guess it is my spot now. I sat down immediately, and the meeting started back up. Every time I felt a yawn pr a stretch, the pain in my tail pulsed reminding me of the consequence. Once the meeting was over, most people left as others stayed behind. Seeing my whole squad leave, I decided to wait for Morrison to follow him back to his office.