Disagreements

Jack and McCree looked over to me but got the idea to help me out. McCree laid back as if it were a normal scrolling, while Jack sat in his chair trying to cover me with his legs. "And another thing-" Jack said over his normal talking tone before it was interrupted by two knocks. "Jack it's Gabriel, I need to talk to you." His voice was firm and menacing. He was pissed. Jack sighed, "Come in Reyes." I heard the heavy footsteps followed by the door opening. "I see you found one of my agents, shall I get the other one?" I saw movement from Jack. "That's not necessary, but please come in." The door shut and heavier footsteps got closer making me silently whine. I heard him sit in the chair I once sat in with a grunt. 

"McCree..." He growled out.

"Don't worry, I already lectured him to death."

"He still seems alive. Did you at least give him a punishment yet?"

"Yes, I did."

"Good."

"So, what do you need to talk about?" The was a moment of pause.

"The meeting, I needed to apologize for my agents' behavior."

"No need Reyes. But I do want you to apologize for your behavior." I heard a grunt in confusion. "I saw you, Reyes," The tone was threatening. "I know I wasn't the only one either. What you did to agent Wolf was not acceptable behavior."

Commander Reyes growled out, "She has been losing focus in everything lately, she could've at least stay focused for a meeting. I was keeping her awake. So, what if I went over an old scar that she got in battle? She should be paying attention, not dozing off!"

I jumped and shiver which Jack felt. "She was yawning silently Reyes! She was not being disrespectful. Why do you think I passed out notes for everyone? Lena was literally doodling next to you!"

"But she isn't in my squad, she's in yours."

There was silence after that.

"McCree, I'll need you to leave." I heard him get up, causing me to panic. 'Don't forget I'm here!' I lightly pawed at Jack's leg. He then patted my head. 'He wants me to stay put. Why?!?!' I heard the door open and closed, like my mind, scared and closing out the positive thoughts, opening all the worst outcomes in this.

"Crystal." I heard my name being called from Commander Reyes. I almost gave up my hiding spot, "Is part of my squad and I discipline her as I please." Jack huffed, "That's not how this works. I've noticed your harsh and abusive behavior towards her."

"She won't learn if I'm soft on her, the others think I'm going easy on her."

"I believe she is one of your best agents, even when you were friendly with her. So, I'm giving you two options." I heard a growl. "Option one is to be nice to her once more, no harshness or even putting your hands on her. This includes training."

"Or?" I felt tears in my eyes as I heard Commander Reyes asked for the other option as if it would kill him to be nice to me.

"She leaves your squad, and you'll never see her ever again."

It was quiet until –

"HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA! Do you really think you can just take her from me? Do you really think you can just threaten me with 'her leaving'? I do not think she would want to leave if she was given the choice. Besides, where would she go? We're all she has."

Jack stood, leaving me vulnerable. "I think otherwise. So, what do you choose?"

"Heh, I'll play your game for now, but I won't play forever."

I then heard the door open and slam shut. Jack let out a sigh. I slowly crawled out of my hidey-hole, looking up to Jack. His head was lifted in the air sadly looking at the light, "I tried." I formed back to my human form, "I know. But I would have left..." Jack turned to me in surprise. "Really? What about the others?" He was talking about McCree and Genji. "They told me I should run, far, far away. I just might if he keeps it up."

I curled up on the floor, scared he would burst in. "I can't believe he laughed about it..." I saw a hand in front of my face. "Then it's settled." I grabbed his hand as he lifted me up. "How about we give him a taste of you gone?" I looked at him with a tilt of my hand.

"A mission."

"A mission?"

He grinned. "How would you like to go scout a couple of places for me? The scouter I usually have on this mission is injured and I cannot find a replacement. But you," He twirled me around as if washing away my worries, "fit the job perfectly." He chuckled which caused me to laugh and nod in agreement. "Wait," I got scared again, "What do I tell everyone else?" "Nothing, I got that covered." I sighed, "Alright I trust you." "As you should." I walked away from him putting my hand on the handle. "Do you want me to walk you to your room?" I shook my head, "McCree can do that." I knew he was waiting for me on the other side. "Alright, I'll send you the details tonight. You're dismissed." "Yes sir." I said as I opened the door, seeing McCree leaning on the wall across the hall. I gave a wave as I closed the door.