20

Yui turned and saw who Ayato was talking to. A young man with lazy greyish eyes and scars on his face stared blankly at both of them.

She saw all the bandages that covered his throat and arms. They alarmed her, thinking he might need to be in a hospital. "Are you alright?" Yui asked while walking to him. Ayato held her back roughly by the shoulder,"Calm down, Chichinashi. He always has those on".

The young man steered all his attention at Yui. His lazy eyes widened and his mouth turned into an innocent smile. He wrapped his arms around her and squeezed. The young man inhaled deeply as he rested his face in the crook of her neck. "Eve...you're back" he hummed.

"Eh? My name is Yui" she said, trying to slightly get him off. Ayato easily pushed him off, to which he recieved a glare.

"Yes...but your scent...Eve's scent" he smiled.

Ayato threw Yui behind him,"Oi, you stay away from Chichinashi. She is nobody's Eve" he snarled while pointing a finger.

"Ayato-kun, please stop. You don't know who he is" Yui pleaded.

"Of course I do. He's of that Mukami scum, dragged here by that damn man".

The young man was not fazed by Ayato's cruel hostility. He remained staring at Yui with a dazed smile. "Eve...doesn't...remember me," he said?,"I'm Azusa...Eve".

She peeked from behind Ayato's back, wanting to get closer. She didn't anticipate him as dangerous or even perverted. "Who cares what your name is? Scram, we're going to class" Ayato grunted while dragging Yui with him.

"W-Wait! I already told you I don't have my schedule" she defended.

"And I told you to shut up. You don't know what you're doing" he glared.

Azusa chimed in and grabbed Yui's hand, "I'll help you...Eve. Let's...go". Azusa pulled Yui to the opposite direction. Having her arm almost torn off from a very angry red head. He bared his fangs at them both. So Azusa's solution was to run away.

He hadn't let go of Yui's hand, all they have been doing is walk around, not even to a specific place. He was walking pretty fast, Yui didn't know what his hurry was but she knew they skipped the whole class already.

"Azusa-kun? Where are you taking me?" Yui asked trying to keep up to him. All the walking they'd done counted as leg day.

Azusa slowed his pace but still holding her hand tight. He turned his head to her,"Eve..I just ...want to spend time... with you".

Her heart fluttered for a moment, he seemed so sweet and child-like. He stopped walking in a slow pace, then squeezed her finger, the one she had pricked. She still had the cut from that incident, it was barely healing.

Azusa brought her finger close to his face, "Eve...what happened...to your finger?" he asked. Yui smiled at him and laughed with embarrassment,"I pricked my finger with a thorn". He stared at the tiny cut, it didn't look like a bite,"Oh...that's good. No one...has bitten you" he said.

Yui took her hand back slowly as he stared at it, she didn't knowif she should tell him Subaru sucked blood right after. Azusa stared at her, now she was getting uncomfortable,"Ano, Azusa-kun?". He blinked once and smiled sweetly, "Gomen'nasai...Eve...is just...beautiful", he hugged her again and placed his ear in her chest.

"A-A-zusa-kun..." Yui stammered, feeling uncomfortable by his action. She hesitated a little, even if Azusa wasn't doing anything bad like grabbing or placing his face where he shouldn't.

He listened for a heartbeat, it was going really fast. It started going at a normal rate, calming. Yui saw his reactions, Azusa closed his eyes and inhaled again, he looked...relaxed. "This is Eve's...heartbeat" he said in a low tone, Yui looked around them, it was pretty odd this was happening in a corridor and no one else was around.