Chapter 11

It's not weird.

But it is difficult- letting Megumi and Tsumiki spend time with Y/N too when really, all Toji wanted to do is get his hands on Y/N. Alone. Sneaking kisses when she left or when the kids are upstairs asleep is starting to get unbearably frustrating. Which, conveniently, is when Tsumiki came home from school asking if she can spend the night at Maki's.

"Can Megumi go too?" Toji asked, glancing up from dinner on the stove.

"Dad," Tsumiki whined.

Toji just raised his eyebrows.

"Ugh, fine, yes, I'll call Maki," Tsumiki said.

He started writing the text before Tsumiki's even left the room. hey what are you doing on friday?

I dunno you have any good ideas ;)

"Dad, I talked to Maki. Megumi can go, now will you say yes?" Tsumiki yelled from the other room.

"Thank her and her mother first then yes," Toji called back. His fingers are flying on the keys of the cellphone. come over?

like on a date?

Toji smirked at his phone. like a date

you're on.

***

Toji isn't sure what he wanted to do, really. He's thinking dinner out since they usually cook in the house, but he doesn't wanted to make reservations either, so Y/N could choose whatever she wanted. He just had time to shower and change after dropping off Megumi and Tsumiki at Maki's. It doesn't even occurred to him to put anything on other than his usual shirt and jeans, but it must had occurred to Y/N, because she showed up...magnificent.

The coat is the nice one she never wore except on the coldest days, she hung it on the coat hook right next to the door. Toji stared at the sight of a dress with an extravagant cascade of melted red. The cut was simplistic in nature, v-neck and fitted bodice and fell like a waterfall from mid-thigh and spilled down the back in a small train and, to finish the opulence of it, it was completely backless until it scooped tightly around the waist and plunged dangerously close to immodest.

It was stunning and all of Toji's loose plans flew out the window.

"Hey, you," Y/N said cheerfully, like she had no idea that Toji was badly resisting the urge to jump her and ruin her dress.

Actually, fuck resisting.

"You look beautiful" Toji said, his voice was low and thick, almost a growl that permeated through her entire body like a heatwave.

She slowly moved towards Toji, not a single part of their bodies touched. Their lips were so close that they shared breaths and yet they didn't touch.

"Thanks," she whispered, her eyes locked to his.

"I missed you" Toji rasped, his voice thick with ardour.

Y/N drew her thumb over his lower lip, splaying it under a little pressure as she tugged it down toward his chin before it sprung back up and Toji wet it with a single stroke of his tongue.

And then she kissed it. It was barely more than a graze of hungry lips against wet ones. Like a playful breeze that danced across her lips with promises unspoken and desires unreleased. It was a feather. His one lip encased between her two until she started to pull away.

Toji's hands latched around her back and she smiled back into the kiss. It pressed deeper, laced with more fervour and licentious need. He turned her and her shoes skated across the floor. They stumbled backwards, blindly engrossed in a war of lips and tongues until her thighs hit the hall table, toppling a few picture frames he had there.