Finding out

Tom's POV

Saturday afternoon
The gang and I didn't hang out much after lunch on Tuesday. We all just caught up on homework and actually paid attention in class for once.

Thursday morning I got Amelia to skip class with me so I could take her to get coffee, I really missed her and I knew she'd be busy at home for the rest of the week. We didn't stay long but at least we got to see each other.

Today I decided to go over and surprise her, I hope she's home. I would text her but then that would ruin it. Thinking about it now I should've brought snacks with me but it was an impulsive decision so it's alright I guess.

I brought my fist up to the door, knocking three times I waited for a response. I heard faint yelling coming from inside.

I walked over to one of the windows that pointed directly into the living room. If I'm being honest I couldn't get much of a good look. However I could make out two people, a man and a woman. They were fighting.

It looked like the man punched the woman before yelling again while aggressively pointing up the steps, the girl ran upstairs.

The man walked over to the front door, I crouched down in hopes that I wouldn't be noticed. The front door flew open, a man stepped out angrily as another person ran out behind him.

"Robert are you kidding me?"

I've heard that name from somewhere before, but where?

The two got in their car and drove away. I stood up and cautiously walked inside, closing the front door behind me. No one was in the living room so I made my way upstairs.

On the landing I locked eyes with Levi, he was holding Amelia's body tight against him. Her face was buried into his chest.

"What the hell is going on?"

Amelia jerked up, "What the fuck is he doing here? Her bloodshot eyes stared at her brother.

"Lee you called him?"

Levi's eyes expanded ten times their  normal size at the accusation, "No!"

I crouched down, reaching my hand out to touch Amelia's face, "What the hell happened to your lip?"

She swatted my hand away, "Tom go home."

"No thanks, Levi I'll take her from here buddy."

"No it's alright just do what she says, don't stress her out anymore."

"I really wanna talk to her, please? I promise I won't stress her out."

Levi nodded hesitantly before getting up and going back to his room.

"Let me help you up." I held my hands out, Amelia shook her head and stood up on her own.

"Leave." She said bluntly, walking back to her room. I stood up and grabbed her arm, lightly pulling her into the bathroom with me.

She huffed as I closed the door behind us, "Sit." I tapped the counter.

"I don't want to." She argued.

"Amelia just fucking do it." She rolled her eyes and crossed her arms.

"I'll do it myself." I said warning her.

She scoffed, "Sure you will." I leaned down slightly and grabbed the back of her thighs, swiftly lifting her onto the counter.

"Sure you will." I said mockingly.

I grabbed a small washcloth that was hanging next to the sink. I soaked it before ringing it out and lightly dabbing it on Amelia's bottom lip

"I-I did it to myself, I fell." She explained, we both know that's not what happened.

"How did you fall?"

"Why are you asking so many questions?"

"I asked one thing, why aren't you telling me the truth?"

"Because I don't have to."

I shook my head in disbelief and stayed silent. After I cleaned her lip I cupped her face, checking for any other marks.

"Could you stop?"

"I'm making sure you're alright." I backed away and leaned against the bathroom door, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Can you leave now?"

I didn't say anything else as I turned around and open the bathroom door, stepping out angrily I left it open. I didn't bother to say goodbye to Levi, I figured he wouldn't care anyway.

As I sat in my car, still in Amelia's driveway I thought about what was happening to her.

Sure I've seen Amelia with bruises and cuts before but I always brushed it off, she never wants to talk about it.

It's her dad who hurts her, I can't do anything to help her. At least not yet. Maybe one day I can figure this all out for her.

(Edited)
Word count: 771