Preface

Hello Dear Readers,

In 1830, the French composer Hector Berlioz premiered one of his greatest pieces of orchestral music. This was the Symphonie Fantastique. A five-movement symphony that was fully program music, the first of its kind. It tells the story of a love-sick artist chasing the dreams of his love but is torn by grief and sorrow where eventually he is executed and is sent to hell where his beloved becomes the devil's witch. This was a fantastic piece of work that portrayed feelings through the power of music, but was also a piece of Berlioz's reality, for this was his autobiography in music form and his thematic idea in the entire piece, his Idee Fixie was an Irish actress named Harriet Smithson, whom after listening to this in a concert agreed to marry him. It didn't work out though as both Berlioz and Smithson divorced years later. Years later in 2011, a Deviantart curator named Cartuneslover16 invented the ship that took Deviantart by storm. It was a pairing between Regular Show's Mordecai and My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic's Twilight Sparkle ultimately creating the ship Mordetwi. Several years later in 2021, the ship that had been received life as a sort of a joke is enjoying a revival being a viral meme on TikTok and what better way on capitalizing on this ship is to write a fanfiction using the Symphonie Fantastique as inspiration. This will be a short story in five-seven chapters, of which is based on the five movements of the symphony. As a standard disclaimer, I do not own any of the cartoons or anime used in this story. They are property of their creators and therefore rightful owners, whomever they might be. Also, the following events are purely fictional, besides the names of the nations, wonders, and great people and have no ties to any other peoples, historical events, etc. and any relation is coincidental. The ships in the FanFiction are canon to most fandoms but some are made up. Most of the character's ages will remain the same unless written as otherwise. This fic will be rated PG-13. On another point, Mordecai and Twilight Sparkle will be human in the first parts of the story, and will transform in the very last chapter. If there any problems with this, feel free to leave a comment in the story, and if it is overwhelming I will go back and fix it as soon as possible. Please also keep in mind that being busy and all, I won't have time to update this quickly, I will update as much as a can quickly. Without further ado, please enjoy La Fiction Fantastique, a look into Mordecai's passion for Twilight Sparkle.

Best Regards,

Nicoville20