When we were young

3rd Person

"Hey Canary, Arrow you have a daughter right?" Flash asks as he walks into the galley. Dinah turns around for him to see the baby strapped to her chest sleeping peacefully.

"What gave it away?" She asked with a smirk, and Oliver laughed beside her. Flash looked wide eyed but was soon cooing at the baby.

"Well I asked, because the girl I'm seeing has a nephew who's around one and I have to watch him..." He said as he rubbed the back of his neck.

"So you want advice?" Dinah asked with a smile, "We can do that. If you're okay with it we can even have them meet at a little playdate. She could use more baby friends." She laughed. Oliver nodded, so far the only people that Brea knew were league members and her grandparents.

"That would be perfect!" Flash smiled, and quickly wrote down his address and phone number.

5 years later.

"Are you sure about this?" Oliver asked as he loaded the last box into the moving truck looking over at Dinah.

She nodded as she buckled the sleeping toddler in. "I'm sure. This will be good for her, Wally's mom has already volunteered to watch her while we're on missions. This will be great." Dinah smiled as she brushed some of the blonde locks out her daughter's face and gave her forehead a kiss. "Plus it's not like our house doesn't have Zeta's by it so we can continue to patrol here and live there."

"Dinah...this isn't because of-"

"No. It's not because of him." She snapped, Oliver raised an eyebrow at her. "Fine, okay. Yes. Vertigo knows that we have a kid now Oliver. I'm not going to risk him getting his hands on her." She sighed.

"Then let's get going. To Central City we go!" He smiled and kissed his wife and daughter.

***

"It's good to see you again." Mrs. West smiled as she scooped Brea up and gave her a big hug. Brea giggled as she smooshed their faces together. "How was the drive?" She asks looking at Dinah and Oliver, she set Brea down who quickly made her way over to Wally who was playing with blocks.

"Long, but good. I'm glad we're here." Dinah sighed with a smile.

Wally age: 10. Brea Age: 9 -

Dinah and Oliver rushed down the stairs, they had just gotten a frantic call from Barry. His nephew- Wally had recreated how he got his powers and was sleeping at his parents house but he was pretty beat up.

"Hey Mom, can you help me with my math homework?" Brea sighed as she sat at the kitchen table. Dinah glanced over at Oliver who shrugged. They had debated bringing her along but there would be leaguers there who didn't know they had a kid.

"I'm sorry kiddo, I would but we have to go." She smiled with a grimace on her face as she kissed the top of her head.

"Should I go over to Wally's?" Brea asks looking up at her parents.

"No!" They said in unison, frantically. Brea raised an eyebrow at her parents.

"Uh...Okay?" She said skeptically. Oliver mentally face palmed, his kid wasn't stupid she could tell something was going on. "Is everything alright? We aren't in danger?" Brea asked worriedly.

"No, no honey. We just have some league business to attend to, we won't be long." Oliver confronted as he gave her cheek a kiss. "Be in bed by nine if we aren't back by then okay?" He told her and Brea nodded.

Once her parents had left she looked back down at her math homework and huffed. "I'm gonna call Wally and see if he can help." She groaned, quickly she got up and grabbed the landline and called Wally's house.

"Hello?" Mrs. West answered.

"Hi Mrs.West! I'm calling to see if Wally can help me with my math homework." Brea told her, she heard shuffling and other voices on the line, she furrowed her brows. Was Wally in danger?

"I'm sorry Brea, Wally is sick right now. I have to go, goodbye." She rushed off the phone. Brea looked down at the receiver and then slowly hung it up. Something was going on, Wally seemed fine today at school and Mrs. West would normally stay on the line to help her if Wally was busy. Was it his dad? She wondered.

I could sneak into Mom and Dad's room and grab my costume... She thought. She glanced over at the clock. It was still only seven she could make it back before Mom and Dad. Brea ran upstairs and opened the false back of her parents closet. Inside were multiple costumes, the one in the middle was hers. It had a dark grey, almost black, the top half of the costume cut off at her elbows and around her neck was a dark green hood and cape for her to wear, around her waist sat a green utility belt as well. The pants had pockets as well, and there was a pair of combat boots similar to her mom's as well. The final part was the green gloves, Brea smirked and quickly put on the suit.

She grabbed her quiver and arrow and quickly rushed out of the house as she made her way over to Wally's. On the way over there she decided that this would be a stealth mission, and she'd only make sure he was okay and then go home. Once she reached Wally's she peered through the back door- which had a window on it. "What?" She muttered as she saw the league standing in Wally's living room, she quickly ducked down and thought. So if the league is here then that really must mean something happened. She carefully made her way over to Wally's bedroom window and peered through. Inside she was Wally laid in bed with multiple bandages on him, his mom was crying and holding his hand while his dad comforted her.

Without wasting another moment Brea rushed to the front door and wiggled the door knob, Crap it's locked. She didn't have to knock as Batman opened the door. "Brea?" He said confused as he looked down at her.

"Excuse me Mr. Batman." She said frantically and ran past him going into Wally's room. She burst through the door catching Wally and his parents attention.

"Brea what are you doing here?" Wally asked softly, his voice hoarse. He sat up in bed as he grimaced. Brea didn't respond as she ran up to him and gently held his face in her hands and looked over him.

"What did you do?" She asked softly as she looked at him. Flash, Dinah, Oliver and Batman followed her into the room. Wally looked down and pulled his face out of her hands. "Wally." She said sternly. "What did you do?" She asked again.

"I recreated how Flash got his powers." He said softly, he looked over at Brea who looked shocked.

"What?! I thought you told me that you wouldn't do that?!" She snapped at her best friend. "Wally you could have gotten seriously hurt- Or worse! You could have died!" She lectured as she shook her head.

"Maybe we should have let her come earlier." Flash leaned over to Dinah and Oliver with a smile.

"I wanted to fight crime with you!" Wally defended. "No one was going to let me do that without powers!"

Brea groaned and put her head in his hands, "You're an idiot." She laughed.

"But now I can protect you from more than just spiders!" Wally smiled cheekily. Brea giggled and shook her head.

"You have a lot of catching up to do if you want to protect me." Brea told her and pushed his shoulder. 

~*~*~*~*~*~*

A/N: Are these still a thing authors do? Idk but I'm here to say Hello! I am so very excited for this re-write and I hope you all are too! I will be adding in more scenes from the show, polishing up the timeline from the OG and so much more! I am beyond excited to start this journey again! 

Don't forget to Vote and Comment and check this out on AO3 first for updates before Wattpad! 

- Bee