Schooled

Brea

Mount Justice, August 3rd.

"Goal!" I shouted as I pumped my fist in the air, Wally and Kaldur had been playing air hockey and Wally had just gotten the winning goal. Kaldur glared at Wally with a competitive glare. Wally sat with a smirk as he ate his banana. I hip bumped Kaldur out of the way gently. "You're going down Wally." I smirked.

"Like to see you try, babe." He smirked back as he threw the banana peel over his shoulder and got ready.

Recognized:

Superboy B-04

"Hey Superboy!" M'gann smiled as she walked over to him, I managed to get a goal on Wally who pouted.

"I was distracted!" He protested trying to use his puppy dog eyes. I locked our eyes and flicked the scorecard over to have one point on my side. "So ruthless." He laughed.

Superboy ignored M'gann and walked right through Wally and I's game. "Hey!" I protested as I watched him walk away. I turned to look at Wally who just shrugged, M'gann flew past us and landed by him.

"How was Metropolis?" She asks again, and Superboy continues walking.

Mom cleared her throat from behind Wally, "Are you all ready for training?" She asks, looking at all of us. Martian Manhunter stood beside her as well waiting.

"Black Canary! Uncle J'onn!" M'gann smiled, still preppy as ever as she flew over and gave her uncle a hug. As the two talked more Mom turned her attention to Superboy, She gave me a look to which I shrugged.

"Stick around." She called over to him. Superboy stops in his tracks and looks over his shoulder, "Class is in session." She smirks as she puts her hands on her hips.

Mom walks into the center of the room and the tiles turn white and a light blue barrier comes around us. "I consider it an honor to be your teacher," She starts and tugs her jacket off with a wince. I look concerned and spot the bandage, Mom must have noticed. "I'm okay baby bird- just part of the job." She smiles as she throws the jacket to the corner of the room.

"Combat is about controlling conflict. Putting the battle on your terms, you should always be acting- never reacting." She explains. "I'll need a sparring partner, Brea come at me." She tells me, Wally pouted and I patted his back.

I make my way to the middle and Mom narrows her eyes as we both ready our stances. She quickly jabs and I manage to dodge that attack and step out of the way of her trying to take down my legs. I flip over and try to use the same move, she leans down and grabs my ankle before pulling it out and I fall onto my back.

Kid Canary

Status: Fail.

Mom pulls me up and ruffles my hair, "Good block and good job avoiding my move. But can anyone tell me what she did wrong?" She asks as I join the rest of the team.

Wally raised his hand, "She tried to use your own move against you!"

Mom shakes her head, "That was a good tactic and one that can catch your opponent by surprise if they aren't expecting it. What she did wrong was let me dictate the terms of ba-"

"Oh come on." Superboy groaned with an eyeroll. Mom raised an eyebrow at him and crossed her arms. "With my powers the battle is always on my terms." He says as he points at the S on his chest. "I'm a living weapon." He continues with his fists clenched, "And this is a waste of my time." He snaps as he goes to walk back out.

"Prove it." Mom said as she stood ready.

Superboy raises his eyebrows, but he quickly changes back to his stoic face and walks to the center. He stands in front of mom with his arms crossed. I lean over to Wally, he has to lean down so I can whisper in his ear, "Superboy is about to get his ass kicked." I whispered into his ear.