Prologue.

Third person's point of view.

"Tadame wait up!" Shisui teased as he chased after the small girl, she was giggling and using the things he taught her to stay just out of grabbing reach. Itachi also sat nearby with Sasuke next to him. Four year old Sasuke sat next to eight year old Itachi, while the 14 year old Shisui continued to chase around the three year old Tadame, stopping for a moment when she watched a butterfly flutter past her, Sasuke getting interested in it went to join her,

Shisui sitting next to Itachi smirked at the two young kids, "She's picking up on my speed, by the time she's your age, it'll be hard to keep up with her," Shisui said, "Does that mean you plan to teach her the Body Flicker move?" Itachi asked, as they both watched Tadame and Sasuke start up a game of tag, Sasuke tapping Tadame's shoulder and calling her it before taking off. She giggled and in an instant she was in front of Sasuke and taping his chest and then running,

Laughing and saying he was it now, Itachi and Shisui watched wide eyed as Tadame literally used the Body Flicker move. Shisui was amazed, "Looks like I won't have to teach her," he mused and got up to join in, saying that he'd be it and that they would run from him. Itachi rolled his eyes at how childish Shisui could be for a 14 year old.

***

Taking the young ones home, Itachi was asked by his parents how their day was and he was a bit hesitant to tell them about Tadame but Shisui was excited and with her in his arms, he told them what had happened and Fugaku, the children's father, was ecstatic. His youngest is developing fast and picking up on techniques quickly. Fugaku said wanted to work with her as soon as possible or when she started asking for him to show her things,

Buy he didn't expect her to pick it up that fast, "If it's okay with you, I wanna teach her the basics," Shisui said and Fugaku was more than happy to allow it, Shisui wouldn't say it to Itachi but he knew the oldest of the three was worried that his sister was coming into the ninja life too early, so Shisui was set on teaching her but it wouldn't traumatize her, or at least he'd try not to.

***

Tadame and Sasuke were at the park with their mom, Itachi, Shisui and the children's father were all busy, so to keep them active their mother took them to play for a bit so they'd sleep better, Tadame was sitting on a swing set and Sasuke was with some of the other boys, "Ame-chan!" a familiar voice called, turning in her seat Tadame smiled at Naruto. "Naruto!" she cheered and about to get up, "I wanna push you," he said standing behind her and she nodded. 

Pushing her on the swing she was laughing and he was having fun playing with another child, one that didn't run from him nor be pulled away by a scared or mean parent, Mikoto coming over to tell the young children it was time for them to go home and eat, Tadame wanted Naruto to come, Mikoto thought on it for a moment before frowning softly, as much as she wanted to keep him because of her friendship with his mother.

Something she'd been wanting to do since she's learned that his mother was her friend. But because the 3rd said it would put the boy in danger she hated saying no, Tadame looked about to cry, "But I promise you can come play with him anytime you want," she compromised and all Tadame heard was that she could play with Naruto later, which made both of them happy, "And if you want, when Itachi get's home he can take you to bring some extras for Naruto,"

This made the girl even happier, hugging Naruto bye for now, he waved as she left with her mother and Sasuke. The latter could see that his sister liked Naruto more than any other boy and he was weary of him, but because his sister caused no trouble for anyone and was more responsible than even him, sometimes he couldn't argue. She has a good sense of character and is stronger than him so aside from fan boys she's able to take care of herself.

When Itachi returned from his mission he happily took Tadame to Naruto's to drop off food for the blonde boy. He made Tadame happy and Itachi wasn't going to stop them from spending time with each other.

***

When Tadame and Sasuke were 6 and 7, respectively, Shisui came to Tadame, blind and calm. She had been sleeping when he snuck into her room to visit her, he had hid the blood as best as possible and used the dark of the room to hide that he was blind and was going off of his other senses to find her, "Tadame, I don't have much time but I need you to keep this scroll safe," he said as she pulled back from hugging him in greeting. "Why?" She asked taking it from him,

"Because one day your going to need it and I want to make sure you'll be able to protect those you love," he said as he tucked her back into her bed after she opened a loose floorboard under one of the legs of her bed and hid the scroll. "Shisui what's going on? Why are you talking like this?" She asked and he only smiled. "Promise you'll take care of your big brothers?" He begged and she frowned she could barely see but the moonlight helped a little.

"You know I will," she said and he nodded, "Then I'm not worried," he said and stood up, "Go back to sleep," he said, setting his hand on her head and patting it till she started to doze off. She was fighting so hard not to sleep but his warm hand on her head made it hard.

***

When news of Shisui's suicide reached Tadame the stress and sadness awakened her Sharingan. Itachi and Sasuke had been with her when it happened, she had been crying at the death of her friend Sasuke missed Shisui but not as much as his little sister and older brother. The next few days were hard, Tadame spoke to no one but Naruto, and only spoke when she wanted him in her presence. She'd spend hours with him and he would help her smile instead of cry.

Even if it was but a ghost of a smile. He helped her out of that dark place, one evening after being able to train again and spending time with Naruto, Tadame returned home, but at the compound gates she couldn't find anyone. The deeper in she went the worse it got, it went from finding no one to finding dead bodies of all her clansmen. Panicking she ran looking for her family. She got as far as two blocks from her house when she found Sasuke.

He was unconscious and had a slash on his shoulder. Rushing to his side she couldn't think of anything else, his current state worried her too much as it gave her the fear of watching Sasuke die. She could feel sharp and powerful eyes on her so to keep herself alert she activated her Sharingan. Seeing some traps as she moved she was forced to go around because her hands were full and was unable to deactivate the traps. Getting to the gates,

She happened upon Kakashi Hatake, Itachi's Anbu team leader. Her stumbling caught his eye, fumbling with Sasuke on her back, Kakashi was at their side and catching them. He was confused as to why they would be hurt or even running from their home. But with them he didn't chance checking and just left to get them to the hospital. It took a few days for Sasuke to wake up, but Tadame was awake after a few hours the first night. 

But it was enough time for her compound to be cleaned up. Kakashi had stepped out of the room for barely a moment, before coming back and finding the young female Uchiha gone. 

***

Tadame ran from the hospital and went to the only place she wanted to be. Getting to Naruto's, he opened the door after she knocked, he was happy to see her but when he saw the look on her face he knew she wasn't in the mood to talk and pulled her inside and hugged her. She instantly wrapped her arms around him and was shaking. He knew not to ask and that she would tell him when she's ready. 

She ended up falling asleep on him and he gave her his bed. He didn't know what to do, so he wrote her a note before going to look for Iruka-sensei, he would know what to do. But when he came back Tadame was gone, a note of her own replaced his and he read it with Iruka, it explained that she needed to leave to become stronger and that she would see him again one day, she also asked him to keep an eye on Sasuke for her. 

***

Leaving Tadame went looking for ninjas willing to train her and help her get stronger, as a registered civilian she was able to go into different villages without a fear of espionage. But she didn't really go to many villages mostly to any that specialized in lightning release and a bit of wind, her eyes and their abilities with Genjutsu helped her master her Yin release. So caught up in her training she had completely forgotten how much time went on. And before she knew it; it was time to return home.