44: parting

[Saturday]

Location: Seoul - 0:12 am

"I think we should part ways..." Jungkook said softly, looking down, not wanting to make eye contact. He felt worry and pain when taehyung removed his head from his shoulder and stopped touching him, moving back.

"what"

"it's not good to be together...bad things only happen that way.. i-i only take you into trouble, i almost got you killed. it better for you to not be with me" jungkook said, he didn't want taehyung in danger anymore, it would be better to go to where they started, where jungkook just watched over him from afar, and visit him secretly.

"Are you serious now?" Taehyung said his voice was not revealing any emotion yet. He thought the man was drunk talking but Jungkook seemed dead serious about this, his voice didnt even change, he sounded too stable in tone. ignoring the stutter. "are you fucking seriously saying this now."

"i-i can't keep you safe like I promised, I don't want to lose you....I can't keep you safe at my side. i only bring death after me"

"didn't I tell you didnt care about that?!"

"Tae-"

"You even dare to say this!? Do you have any idea what goes on in my head? do you realise how much i cried when you were in coma!?"

"cupcake..."

"Dont cupcake me!" taehyung frowned and stood up angrily. "Don't you see how much I love you? i let go of everything to be with you! and now you tell me this shit!?"

Jungkook didn't speak up but stared at his glass. hearing his husband say these things made him feel something he didn't like. "i..." he shut his lips again and sighed.

"if thats what you think, then fuck you!" Taehyung shouted and pushed the stool back to the bar. "I'm going back" he pushed back the hurt tears in his eyes and left the bar which was already empty from the late time. leaving jungkook behind, he didn't want to see or talk to him now, not when he comes with those things. Jungkook only now looked back at the other, but sadly couldn't meet his eyes anymore, taehyung's back was already facing him and he didn't look back when he left through the door.

"Sir, you okay?" the bartender asks after seeing the whole scene in his bar. He looked a bit concerned at Jungkook who sat there with his eyes staring back at the glass.

"Give me another glass" is all Jungkook said, his eyes fading empty from emotion with each second.

-

[3:02 am]

Taehyung had woken up that night. He had gone straight to bed after he got back to the underground base of seokjin. not wanting to talk to them when they saw him so upset. he just said he was gonna sleep. which he eventually did, but now he woke up. he felt cold, he didn't even bother to get under the blankets and just laid on top now only causing him to wake up because he was cold. he sat up and rubbed his eyes, expecting something which wasn't there. he sighed and got out of his bed grabbing a coat to wear it while leaving the room, it was quite chilly in here. Taehyung walked through the hallway and entered the room on the other side. staring into the dark room for a few seconds, he didn't even need to look, he already felt it. but either way he turned on the light his heart clenched when the bed was really empty. just like he thought. He entered the room and got in Jungkook's empty bed. He closed his eyes to fall asleep again, but how could he. how could he sleep knowing jungkook haven't returned yet.

-

[Sunday]

Location: Seoul - 7:23 am

Taehyung had not shut an eye that whole night that was left. He kept waiting. waiting for Jungkook to enter the room. so come lay next to him. but it didn't happen, jungkook didn't return that night. He still havent. Taehyung knew because he searched for the other in the base. there was no sign of jungkook anywhere.

"Taehyung, what...what happened last night?" Yoongi asked taking a seat in front of Taehyung who sat at the table slowly eating some toast for breakfast. Even if he wasn't hungry he tried to eat because he knew his body was hungry.

"he wanted to part ways..." taehyung said staring at his plate. "he really said that...i don't know why he would say such a thing, i-i my love not clear enough, doesn't he know i don't want to be away from him, i don't care about the danger...i just want him" taehyung teared up before he started crying, he didn't want to cry, he wanted to be angry. but he couldn't, because he felt sad more than angry. Why was Jungkook even thinking of that, he didn't like it.

Yoongi was quick to get up and sit next to the boy wrapping an arm around him hugging him. "he probably was just drunk, he will come around" yoongi did say this but he himself wasn't quite so sure. Jungkook doesn't joke about things like that.

"w-what if he wasn't joking?" Taehyung feared that Jungkook wouldn't come back at all. but he wont leave him right? Jungkook won't just disappear on him right?

"He won't, he loves you."

"He better come quick so I can whoop his ass, '' Taehyung said softly. trying to cheer himself up. Yoongi chuckled at those words and caressed Taehyung's back to comfort him.

"Well he better be ready then, i'm sure you will whoop him hard. it's not funny of him to say those things i bet"

"it isn't. I hate him for that.'' Taehyung didn't actually hate the other. He can never get himself to hate him. but he hated how hurt he felt because of what the other said.

---

thank you for reading, see you in the next chapter!

🌼🌼🌼