3) Dinner meeting!

Author's POV

"Sarah... How are you my child?..."
Her father's friend greeted her instead of him. Sarah gave him tight smile. These fake formalities and talks always disgusted her.

Why bother doing that when no one cares.

"Get to the point father..."
She took her seat in front of him. The dining table wasn't big enough still it could fit 7 to 8 people so they had reasonable distance between them.

"How's the business going?..."
Peter, her father asked. No hi, no how are you, no greetings. That’s what she
Expected.
"Good..."
She replied nonchalantly trying to read his face.

"You lost 5 important deals..."
He said sternly.

"I got 10 new in the international market..."
She replied calmly.

"You broke our two important alliances..."
He countered.

"I have succeeded to merge 3 famous and successful companies with ours which are giving us more profit which your two alliance never managed to do..."
Her appetite was long gone by now. She wasn't in mood to argue with him.  All she wanted is peace, not only around her but in within her too.

"Did you visit your psychiatric..."
He asked and she clenched her jaw.

"Therapist ..."
She corrected him. Sarah was taking therapy for her depression and anxiety.

"There isn't much difference..."
He scowled and Sarah wanted to scream at him that there is a difference. She is not a psycho.

His friend aka assistant, Johnson butted in.
"Peter you shouldn't talk to her in this manner...."
He smiled sweetly at Sarah which only disgusted her, he always gives her bad vibes.
"You know sweetheart he was worried about you. You are trying so hard to handle everything. I must say you are a very brave child, after having such a big accident and very serious brain injury how did you managed to do everything so perfectly..."

"It's been 5 years. I am fine now and stable in my head..."
She stated.

"You were in coma for 2 years. Your brain is damaged and you are still getting treatment for that Sarah..."
Her father yelled.

"So you are basically calling me a psychopath..."
She Clenched her fist, her throat tightened after listening his cruel words. He wasn't lying but he shouldn't have thrown that on her face like this.

"Whatever... My point is you can't handle company any longer, I don't trust your state of mind..."
He declared.

"Can't you just trust me once... I have proved myself plenty of time..."
Her eyes watered. This status, power or companies never mattered. What matters the most is trust and faith, may be little bit love which she never received from this man.
"What you have decided then?..."

"I was going to marry off Natasha to a man who has ability to handle our group of industries. We can't stay like this anymore; I have no idea when my son will wake up. I can't trust a girl who is not stable in her mind and definitely not your sister who is brainless..."

My son! He never said my daughter with so much love.

"I am fine with it... Do it and set me free... anyways I am tired of this life."
She breathed out. Desperate to get out of all the mess.

"You have taken the responsibility of everything then you have to carry it till the end. You are my child and I can't just throw you out. So you will stay and sort out the mess your sister has created."
He said coldly.

"What did she do now?..."
Sarah asked frustratingly.

"She ran away. Actually I called you here for dinner just to announce her wedding and about agreement but now as you can see you brainless sister has escaped and has successfully put a Shame on our royalty and family. I have no idea how to answer him."
He gritted.

"That has nothing to do with me..."
She understood where he was going.

"Yes, you do. You will take Natasha's place and marry him. After that he will handle everything and if you desire you can do this business with him."
He stated.

Tears escaped from her eyes.
"I am not ma___"

"You will Sarah... I have created this empire with my sweat and blood. You can't handle this, look at you. Dark circles, losing weight, depressed and fucking introvert. How long you will be able to stand in this competitive world. I won't let this turn into dust, I want security and assurance which he is ready to give me and I am not letting you ruin it..."
He slammed his fists on the table making Sarah flinch back.

"What about me ?..."
She asked crying.

"You will be fine. He can protect you, can give you the life you deserve. You will be queen..."
His voice softened.
"Whatever I am doing is to save all of us. From last three years you have seen the business world. If you want to survive you must find a way."

"I can't... I won't. Give him all the property you want but let me go..."
She tried to calm down her breathing.

"You can't... You know what happened last time when you escaped."
He glared at her.

She did try to escape from this hell. But her father find her out in one week and gave her to the cops. She spent  6 months in rehabilitation Even when she didn't need that. Her father was evil.

Will he do the same thing with Natasha? Well! She doubt that.

She was low key afraid of him and she was aware that she is nothing but a puppet in his game. She is no one, can't do shit about anything.

"Take the responsibility you asked so confidently. When I made you CEO you promised me that you will make me proud and never let down our family name, then do it and show me how much you meant it..."
He said sternly.

"No matter how much I try you won't be satisfied..."
She looked at him disappointed.

"Why do you think I let you continue for three years. You are capable Sarah but not capable enough to last long. In three years you have become a zombie..."
He looked at her attire making her look down in shame, he wasn’t wrong.

'may be he is right, I can't handle this anymore. I am tired, mentally and physically. I can't do anything.'
Her self confidence ditched her again and her head started throbbing.

"Marry him and end this..."
He said with straight face.

"W_When ?..."
She managed speak with tight throat, her head became heavy and everything started spinning.

"Tomorrow night..."
He declared and her eyes widened in shock.

"I would have find your sister for this marriage but I have no time. It's tomorrow and bride should be there which will be you... Don't disappoint me."
He said and left with cold face.

Sarah sat there with glossy eyes.

Johnson slide his mobile phone towards her.
"Don't you want to see your future husband."
He Smirked.

"What's the use, it won't make any difference..."
She glared at him and walked away, not even glancing at the picture of her future husband.