4) He was better alone!

Author's POV

"Take care of the body..."
Xavier ordered his men throwing the knife near dead body.

"he just stole few drugs... There was no need to kill him, may be torture but not murder Xavier"
His right hand man and friend Ace said.

"He betrayed me and you know how much I loathe that thing. Traitors have no place in my world Ace."
Xavier said coldly.

"I think I heard car passing by boss..."
One of his man informed him.

Ace shook his head.
"No one can do shit. Cops are in our pockets Noah. You are new, it will take some time for you to understand..."

Xavier head towards his palace like mansion. He freshen up and joined Ace at minibar in his house.

"Xavier my boy..."
His uncle said while coming inside excitingly and patted his back sitting beside him.
"Groom to be... yeah!"
He teased and Xavier scowled.
"Shouldn't you be somewhere else. Most precisely with someone. Spend your time with your fiancé..."

"Uncle Richard... I have told you before that I am not even a bit interested in this marriage."
He stated gulping down his drink.
"I can't even see her face more than 1 minutes let alone spend time with her or fuck her..."
His uncle was amused by the hate in his voice.

"Ohh... Why Xavier. I mean she is kind of beautiful. Dumb but beautiful."
He chuckled.

Ace laughed with him too.
"Yes she is beautiful... but let me tell you sir she is number one whore."
Ace declared and Richard choked on his drink.
"You shouldn't say like that Ace. She belongs to respected family... and she will be the donna of this family."

"He is not saying anything wrong uncle..."
Xavier said frustratingly.
"And can you guys stop talking about my marriage. I am not interested at all neither I am excited. I am marrying her because it's benefiting me. I will be more powerful, that's it..."

"Don't forget to give us heir..."
Richard teased.

"Trust me I don't even want that from her."
He slammed his glass on the counter.
"It's just because you want me to get married. And it will benefit us, nothing much... don't expect anything from this marriage."

Xavier always respect Richard. His father was a evil man, he abused Xavier to make him tough and so called man. Xavier was actually happy when his enemies killed his father and he became the boss. He gave new rise to his empire and successfully take over the mafia. In all this things Richard was his support system.

"But you haven't seen Natasha yet..."
Richard said.

"I don't want to. I have heard enough about her..."
He sneered.

"I wish you could find your perfect one whom you will l___"

Xavier cut him between.
"There is nothing like perfect one, and there is definitely no love in this world. I don't believe in that bullshit..."
His pupils dilated.
"When I will fall in love, I myself will put a bullet in my heart..."

"Okay!..."
Richard raised his hands in surrender.
"Well your future father in law called, your bride wants to talk to you..."

"I don't have time and don't care what she wants to talk. Just make sure she is alive and she is woman..."
Saying that he left. He looked more grumpy than he usually is.

"Trust me marriage is a very terrifying thing especially with the woman like Natasha..."
Ace sighed.

Richard cleared his throat and looked at him.
"Well I was here to tell him that, we had to change the bride..."

Now Ace choked on his drink.
"W_why ?..."
He coughed.

"Natasha ran away... looks like she had mutual feeling for Xavier..."

Ace nodded.
"Acceptable... After all he is not so famous among the ladies. He likes to scare the shit out of them. Yesterday he asked a girl to shoot herself and prove that she is actually in love with him. Poor girl just came to confess but he made her fell on her face... By the way who is the new bride..."

"It's her sister..."
Richard answered.

"she must be like Natasha..."
Ace countered.

"No she is kind of different. She is the CEO and has handled everything successfully. Smart and beautiful. No whore !..."
He chuckled.

"No whore?... CEO?... Smart ?... Fucking Awesome!"
Ace looked impressed.

"Yeah. I am actually happy, she is perfect for him... She wanted to talk to him before marriage but looks like I have to handle the situation now. He won't meet her..."
Richard sighed.

"It's okay... Anyway he is not interested in marriage and I am sure they haven't given her any choice either. Her father is a fucking bastard..."
Ace scowled.

Richard nodded, everyone knows that how much that man can step low. Richard wouldn't have get involved with him for anything but this deal was exception.
"Agree !..."

"Let it be a surprise..."
Ace chuckled.

"I guess this would be an epic wedding in the mafia. Bride haven't met the groom. Groom doesn't know who is his bride. Fucking great!..."
Richard chuckled.

"Whoever she is, I pray that she survive Xavier. Poor soul will be consumed by the devil..."
Ace sighed.

"Or maybe she will change him. He needs someone in his life..."
Richard stated.

"I doubt that... He was better alone..."
Ace said sighing.

Xavier went to his bedroom, he was beyond pissed. the only reason he accepted this marriage proposal is the power but for that he had to sacrifice his peace, not like he was really in peace. life has turned darker than before. he called the maids and asked them to prepare another bedroom on the ground floor, he has no intention to see his wife everyday. the thought of being tied to someone was disgusting for him.

Xavier was rooted on the decision that there will be no relation between him and his wife. he has no place in his life for someone else and definitely not for someone like Natasha.

only if he knew that everything is going to change with her entry in his life.