Chapter 1

Africa

Yap that's my cheesy name.

Seems like it will rain today, pregnant clouds gathered across the sky.

I didn't carry an umbrella my bad, why do I need it anyway?

" Miss Savannah " My name was called. Drawing me to reality.

The judge gave me a scolding look .

" rise up for your sentencing"

I stood up.

He said a very long lame speech making me get super bored .

" Just get to the point " I said.

Another scolding stare. It's not like I care , seeing all this faces makes me sick.

" I find you guilty and sentence you to life "

"I find you guilty and sentence you to life in prison," he declared.

That's all I needed to hear; he can keep his dry insults about wishing I stayed in jail and whatever he said thereafter to himself. 

I didn't give a damn what a judge thought of me. 

He has no idea who I am or what I've been through. 

The wretchedest of the wretched. 

He thinks he can make his feelings known to me?

Whatever you want, dude!

I was handcuffed and led away from the area. 

The press was having a field day making me famous; I was already the lead story on news channels. 

I was a superstar. 

I committed a heinous crime, but do I truly regret my actions? 

Is it something I'm ashamed about? 

No, not at all.

I already went through the first stage. Which is arrest.

When arrested, a person is taken into custody by the police or other law enforcement.

He/she is then taken to jail to undergo the booking process, which includes getting fingerprinted and photographed. No determination of guilt is made at this point since the case is pending. Evidence is forwarded to the district attorney (DA or prosecutor) who will decide whether there is sufficient evidence to present the case to a judge or jury.

After booking, a judge or court commissioner determines if the person is released or detained. There are 3 options:

The person may be "Released on Recognizance" (ROR)

The person may be released on bond (also called bail), which is money paid to the court to ensure the person returns for a future court date

The person may be detained in jail.

I bailed myself out so I didn't get the taste of a cell . No I am too pretty for that.

I was aware of how the system works .

There is another type of minimum mandatory sentence known as a rule 3.992 point-based mandatory sentence. This means that when a defendant shows up in court and is charged with multiple felony offenses, the most serious of the charges is listed as the primary offense, and points are assessed based upon the offense severity ranking level of that charge. There are ten offense severity ranking levels. The higher the ranking level, the more points, and the more points, the greater likelihood of an incarcerate sentence at the end of the trial. The magic number for the court is 44. Anything about 44 points must be a state prison sentence. Anything below 44 points but above 22 points may be a state prison sentence, depending on the case. Anything below 22 points is not a state prison sentence unless the court proves a legal ground for what is known as aggravation.