4. THE UNEXPECTED ARRIVAL

TW - Violence and strong language.

Enjoy! 

~~~~

Tom woke up in his dorm room like every other morning. As he stared up at the green canopy that draped over his four-poster bed, he felt like something was off today. He laid there thinking about what could possibly go wrong today. He just didn't know and that wasn't something he liked. He sat up and pushed the curtains aside and decided to take a shower since he was the only person up at the present moment. He gathered his shower supplies and walked into the bathroom and locked the door.

As he was showering, Tom pondered on why he was feeling off today. He didn't like not knowing what was going on. After he was done, Tom got out and dried off. He refused to use the drying charm on his hair as it never made it sit correctly. He spent the next twenty minutes styling his hair and getting dressed for the day. They have a Hogsmeade trip today so he dresses warm for the trip. As he leaves the bathroom he puts his dirty clothes and towel into the hamper where they disappear. He has to admit to himself that house elves are incredibly useful but he would never say it out loud. He grabbed a book on dark arts and went down to the common room where he sat in the chair next to the fireplace. No one else would dare take his place. He chuckled darkly as he thought about what happened when the last person decided to try and threaten him in front of everyone.

It was the beginning of his second year and he was just beginning to look into his heritage after he heard a few of the fourth years talking about it. He had just sat down to read a book on inheritance tests before he was approached and the book was ripped out of his hands and thrown on the ground. Tom sighed in annoyance before looking up at the interrupter.

"Look at what we have here boys. An ickle second year thinking he can sit down in my chair and read." It seemed that Vincent Loxias, a fifth-year Slytherin, tried to claim this chair as his. The oafs backing him up were Gabriel Bellamy and Silver Mitchel. Both of them were fourth-year Slytherins.

"That was quite rude Loxias." Tom summoned his book back into his hand before he went back to reading.

"Oh looky there boys." Loxias chuckled. "The second year gained some courage to talk back to me. What should we do with him?" Bellamy and Mitchel glanced at each other before turning to Loxias and smirking.

"We should teach him a lesson, Vincent." Bellamy announced a little too loudly to be private.

"Yeah! No one should get away with talking back to you Vincent! Show him who is boss." Mitchel declared like he was talking to the Queen of England and once again snatched Tom's book and threw it on the ground. Tom went to summon the book again but Bellamy snatched the wand from his hand and threw it on the ground next to the book.

"It's no wonder you haven't been betrothed yet Loxias. No one wants to be betrothed to a gormless twit." Tom sighed. This wasn't going to end well for them.

"Oh, you twat. I'll show you gormless twit." Loxias pulled his wand out of his back pocket.

He pointed it at Tom's face. Mitchel and Bellamy quickly backed away not wanting to get in Loxias' way while he deals with the second year.

"I suggest you lower your wand Loxias. You don't want to challenge me. You'll regret it."

Tom didn't bother to pick up his wand. He knew he wouldn't be needing it anyways. As expected, Loxias makes the first move shouting "Petrificus Totalus" after Tom just stared at him. Tom blocked the spell with a wave of his hand and looked at Vincent Loxias with a bored expression on his face.