42.) Tension In The Kaminari's

[ Denki walks into a cafe, meeting with his mother at a table she's already sat at. She's drinking a tea and has one bought for Denki. ]

"What do you need? Why did you want to talk?"

"It's about your wife."

"What about her?"

"Are you really sure you want her?"

"...What's that supposed to mean."

"It means you shouldn't have married a punk."

"Why are you like this, can't you just be happy for me?"

"And why? Out of all the people to choose, you chose her? A gothic? A punk?"

"What are you saying."

"I appreciate that she's a heroine but...you realize how much she tarnishes the name, don't you?"

"You can't be serious."

"Oh honey, I've seen her on the news. I see her personality and seen her style. She isn't exactly refined or elegant."

"She's my wife and we love one another, that should mean more to you than how prestigious a family name is."

"She's soiling the Kaminari name."

"Soiling? The only soiled thing in here is how stuck up you are."

"Denki."

"No mom, I need you to understand it's my life and my choice. I know you got my siblings to marry into some crazy rich families but I'm not appeasing you like they did."

"You're making a mistake."

"The only mistake I've made is inviting you to the wedding only to stand next to Kyoka for a fake smile during the family photos."

"..."

"Dad went, my brother, sister and their spouses, they all accept her. The Jiros accept me, so why can't you do the same for Kyoka?"

"Because she isn't like us. So rugged and austere. She doesn't even remotely convey a feeling of serenity in her appearance, with all the holes in her...hero outfit, is that it...she might as well be homeless or wear nothing at all."

"Nothing you say could make me leave her."

"You're making the wrong decision Denki."

"Look, mom, I need to go. If you didn't know, we leave for our honeymoon tomorrow. If you have nothing else good to say, I'll be going."

"Nothing other than I know you'll come around."

"..."

"I say this all out of love and care Den."

"Really, seems like you only care about the Kaminari name."

[ Denki exits out the door, leaving the tea untouched. ]

[ Mrs. Kaminari sighs. ]