What a day

The day was turning out to be a beautiful day the sun was shining for once. Through the window Hermione could be seen making breakfast. She however froze as she felt an unfamiliar person cross her wards.
After they knocked on the door she opened it cautiously her wand hidden behind her back.
"Can I help you?" She tilted her head curiously.
"Miss Hermione Granger. I am Auror Gregson from the Sydney office." His said with his Australian accent. "I'm sorry to say that your parents have passed away in a car crash."
She felt her heart pounding, tears pooling in her eyes. He handed her a letter. Shaking hands reached out to grab it as she collapsed. He managed to catch her and guide her to the couch.
"Is there anyone I can call for you?" He asked her calmly. From his observations she did not live alone.
She however looked to the cell phone by the front door. Sam had been woken up to deal with a shifting Leah and Seth.
She however couldn't find her voice. The world around her started to fade away as she stared into the fire place as she thought about her childhood.

He didn't want to leave her alone so he sat in a chair by the table. He could hear her sobs as she cried but was in no position to comfort her. He heard them before they came in the door. The Largest had a big smile on his face until he saw Hermione. His smile dropped as he rushed to her but she was still stuck in her memories.
"Hermione, babe what's wrong? What happened?"
He chose that moment to make himself known. Suddenly he was pinned to the wall, 6 very large men stood between him and miss Granger.
"What did you say to her?" The largest growled.
"I'm Auror Greyson from The Australian Ministry of Magic, I was the one sent to regretfully inform miss granger of her parents passing."
He was suddenly dropped to the ground.
"Paul, Jared, take Auror Greyson into town and get him a room for the night. You will stay there until she is ready." The leader ordered.
"Yes, Alpha." He lowered his head a bared his neck. 'Wolf shifters.' He thought, there used to be a full tribe of wolf shifters in Australia but the normie wars decimated magical and non magical land alike. No one had heard from the shifter tribe since 1942 maybe when he got back he would start. Now that he knew what to look for.

As he was escorted out Sam went to hold his mate. Embry, Jake and Quill got to work cleaning, cooking and making Hermione a hot cup of tea.
Seth was running up the drive excited to show the guys and finally meet the famous Hermione his dad talked about. Sam had told him to just come on in, but as soon as he opened the door he was hit with a wave of sadness. He subconsciously whimpered. He didn't know what was wrong but he knew den mother was hurting. He left the door open and he ran behind the closest tree outside and phased. As gently as he could so he didn't scratch the floors he walked to Hermione who was still crying into Sam's chest. His cold nose touched her arm and she shrieked. Sam gave an amused look.
She gave a tear filled playful glare.
"You must be Seth." She smiled sadly. "I'm afraid I had a big meal planned for you and your sister, if she came, but it's been ruined." He bumped his head gently into her arm. She wrapped her arms around him and gave him a big hug he could feel tears falling into his fur but he just let her hug him. He didn't know what happened but he knew she probably lost someone close.
"Hermione I'm back!" A new voice called coming in the door several shopping bags in hand. He looked at the small red headed lady. She smelled a little weird, like Paul but a little off. His ears however picked up on another heart beat. His ears perked up and his tail started wagging.
"Awe he's so cute like a little puppy." She cooed. "Sam why is Hermione asleep in a new wolfs neck?"
"Her parents died. An Auror from Australia was here when we got back." He whispered as he picked her up and took her upstairs to their room.

It was several hours later when she woke up that she was barely calm enough to read the letter the the Auror had given her. Holding her breath she opened it the words hit her like a bus.
Our dearest Hermione
We hope this letter finds you well. We don't know where you are or even how to get a letter to you. Last year our memories had started coming through. It took us awhile to get everything figured out. We understand why you did it, we however wished that you hadn't. We may not have understood everything but we love you with every fiber of our being. Before our memories broke free we adopted a little girl, she's 3 and If I didn't know better I would say she was your daughter. She loves learning knew things so much, we even think she's a witch just like you. Her name is Rose, We really hope we get to see you again one day. We love you.
All our love Mum and Dad

She clutched it tightly to her chest. They remembered they didn't die not knowing her. Then she paled. "Rose. Oh god Rose." She raced down the stairs and into the living room. Sam had jumped up to see what was wrong.
"I need to see that Auror now." She said trying to hastily put on her coat.
"He gave us this if we needed to contact him." Jared said holding up a medallion of sorts. "He said you would know how to use it."
She smiled. One of her bills had been before the I.C.W to make the medallions standard issue. It was not only discreet but instant. The coin warmed in her hand and within a few minutes there was a knock on the door.
"You called Miss Granger." He gave a slight bow as he was let in.
"Their daughter Rose! What happened to her?" She asked near hysterics.
"She was with a baby sitter at the time of the accident. It is my understanding that she is staying with the Australian Magic children Services. It was our intention to ask you if you were willing to take in and care for the child as per your parents will."
Her heart rate spiked. "Sam.." she whispered grabbing his hand. Their eyes held the others gaze having a silent conversation. His large had cupped her cheek as he kissed her forehead.
"Bring her home, babe." With a happy squeal and a very tight hug she kissed his lips.
"Auror Greyson, I will gladly take Rose into my home." She smiled.
"Excellent, we will just need you to come to our Ministry and we can get all the paperwork sorted."
"Shall we leave in the morning? I need to pack and get somethings in order before I leave."
"It is getting awfully late." I believe that will be fine." He bowed his head. "I bid you all a goodnight." He cast a second glance at the large wolf in the living room as he was leaving. 'A pup, so the pack is growing.'