[ 3 ]

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓

𝙸𝚗𝚟𝚒𝚝𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗𝚜

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

*KNOCK*

*KNOCK*

*KNOCK*

After nervously knocking, sandal-clad feet shuffled in front of a huge set of doors. Observing the intricately designed wood adorned with numerous carvings of epic battles and bloodshed, Amias caught the sound of a heavy lock clicking from within.

The doors opened with a flourish, revealing a long hallway inside. Near the end of the corridor, Amias heard a booming voice, yours to be exact, "Enter!"

Nearly shaking with excitement at being near your presence again, he hurried inside. Passing through the hallway laden with various suits of armor along with countless weapons on the walls, he directly headed towards the direction of your voice.

(Y/n)!! I missed you so much!

In his haste, he nearly ran into a giant wolf standing in front of you protectively. The white-colored wolf growled menacingly at him, almost daring him to take one more step towards his mistress.

This fucking mutt, get out of my way! I need to see my (Y/n)!

Giant wolves, especially pure white ones, were almost considered legends with how rare they were. Right now though, this particular one was being a legendary pain in the ass. Almost growling himself, Amias stood up to his full height and got into a fighting stance. He was already reaching for his bow when he was distracted by your chuckle.

Amethyst colored eyes widened, basking in the lovely profile of his beloved (Y/n). The scent of steel and gunpowder seemed to emanate from your figure. Surprisingly, he also detected a slight tinge of wildflowers in the air, which seemed strange for a war deity, but he thought that it suited you perfectly, wild and untamed, yet at the same time, everything charming and lovely.

As if he was a thirsty man in the desert, he drank in your features as if they were the most effective elixir for his drought. Your powerful and intoxicating aura almost seemed to engulf him, and he reveled in it, almost struggling to breathe with how much you affected him. One bat of your eyelash and he was done for.

You smirked, eyes glinting with suppressed mirth, "I wouldn't do that if I were you, Amias." Motioning for the giant wolf to sit, your loyal companion immediately did as you bid. "Absinthe is venomous, his bite alone could take down even a god like you. Why don't you sit down first before picking a fight with my Absinthe."

Inwardly huffing at you referring to the animal as 'yours', he sat down at the chair nearest to you, increasingly annoyed at having to share you with that mongrel. "I didn't know you had a wolf, (Y/n)."

"Oh?" you raised one tantalizing eyebrow, "But my Absinthe has been with me for over a few millenium now. Are you bothered by him? My apologies, if I knew, I wouldn't have carelessly invited you."

Alarms blared in his head at the thought of you regretting your invitation, "No! I mean, it's not like that at all! I was just curious, that's all. You could invite me anytime at all and I'll come right over!" He would resort to begging if need be, his beloved (Y/n) inviting him to her home was one of the most precious gifts he's ever received, and he is not losing it because of a mere mutt.

At his exclamation, you slightly pursed your lips in thought. Amias had to practically force himself not to melt at the sheer cuteness of your action. He saw the wolf, Absinthe, baring his fangs at him when he stared at your lips for a little too long.

Barely restraining himself from doing the same, he instead focused all of his attention on you when you replied, "Anytime at all? But what if you were busy? What if you had already made plans? What then, hmm?"

Spluttering, Amias frantically tried to assure you that you were the only one truly worthy of his time. "I'll always have time for you! If I don't have time, then, for you, I'll make time." Even if he was on the other side of the universe, he'd come running back to your side in a heartbeat. Any request of yours, no matter how impossible, he'll be sure to accomplish it, even if he had to move heaven and earth to do it.

You furrowed your eyebrows together, "No need to get high strung. I was simply teasing. I'm fully aware that the both of us have our own set of duties to accomplish." Before he could stammer another clumsy declaration, you raised a hand to silence him. "Stop. I know you're fully aware of the truth of what I'm saying. In fact, there's another battle on the mortal realm that I have to supervise in an hour. Now, do you still want to continue with the tour I promised?"

Amias eagerly nodded, of course he still wanted to see your house. This was your home, your domain, and he wanted to see and discover every single facet of you.

"Alright, then. Follow me." you attempted to stand up, only to be blocked by a big snout. "Absinthe..." you warned, motioning for the wolf to stand away. The canine whimpered, using his large puppy eyes to soften you towards his side.

"Absinthe, you know that doesn't work on me anymore." You said strictly, inwardly snickering at his attempts to stop you. After thousands of years, he was still a pup at heart.

At your words, Absinthe placed his huge fluffy head on your lap, further halting your movements. Scratching his ears, you felt only mildly guilty when you pushed his head away and stood up. "Sorry, Abe. But we've got a guest, I promise I'll play with you later. I'll even give you some of those new poison treats that Serena made for you, ok?"

Walking towards Amias, you gestured towards the door, "Shall we?"

Amias grinned widely, feeling euphoric that you chose him over that animal, "After you!" he raised his hand and gallantly bowed, receiving a small huff of amusement from you. When you turned away, he discreetly glanced at the glaring wolf and sent him a victorious smirk.

Amias: 1 Mutt: 0