Chapter 2

Yelena's POV
"Wait, so Ravana is alive?" Nat asked slightly shocked at what I explained.

"Yes, I know it. It was her." I tried to convince her, as my thick russian accent rang out through the small room of the cabin we were staying in, slightly growing annoyed that she wouldn't believe me. Natasha crossed her arms in disbelief.

"I'm telling you that it is her!" I practically shouted.

"No way! Red Skies is way to powerful to be a girl! And to ruthless to be," Nat paused clearly choosing her next words carefully knowing that if she didn't and said something that might piss me off I'd give her the silent treatment for days, "Her. Do you even know why people call them Red Skies? Do you even know what they do to people! Their favorite weapons are sharp objects. The rooms that they commit assassinations in have to be entirely cleaned. Ceiling in all, hence their name being Red Skies. They gut people Yelena, they gut and touture people, until their victims die of blood loss or organ detachment. People sliced in half, skinned, limbs amputated. So yes Yelena I refuse to believe that the sweet, kind, innocent girl who's supposed to be dead, that I once knew. Is Red Skies."

About halfway through Natasha's speech mostly when she explained why people call her Red Skies. I felt a tear roll down on my cheek.

Once Nat finished and noticed I was fighting back tears. I walked up to Nat, grabbed her by her combat suit's collar, my grip was tight but shaking. I started in a shaky but demanding voice from fighting back tears even more as some escaped down my cheek, "Listen, I know what I saw, it was her, she is alive, and she is Red Skies." Fighting back even more tears than before I walked back to my room, only stoping at my door to turn around and face Nat, Seeing the hurt look on her face, I turned around, opened the door and stepped back inside my room. Once I was inside enough I shut the door and slid my back down the door as I ran my hands to my neck so for once I could breathe. Once I got to the floor I curled up into a ball. I pulled my knees up to my chest, and wrapped my arms around them. And finally but quietly I let go. All the thoughts I didn't realize I was holding back, barreling in, all the tears that have been there for awhile that I never known about, slowly streaming down my cheeks. And the worst part of all, the memories.

                              8 years ago

"Come on Yelena I know you can do better, let me rephrase that I've seen you do better." Ravana stated throwing a punch at me. Which I dodged with my hands behind my back. "Show off." She mumbled throwing a kick that would have taken off my head if I hadn't ducked. I swept her other leg as she fell to the ground. To which I had gotten over and grabbed her in a headlock. Ravana had somehow flipped me over her head. And slammed me on the floor. I recovered just in time as Ravana had made her way over to me. "You know you should really at least try and knock your opponent off balence before attempting a high kick that your opponent could catch and twist your leg or dodge and sweep their leg." I advised her as I attacked. Somehow she was mirroring my fighting style and knew exactly what my next move was so she countered it. Ravana was a good fighter, probably the smartest out of all of us, and very athletic. She could dance the same routine perfectly for 24 hours straight, Sprint 3 miles and still have energy, she was a perfect shot everytime, if you gave her a weapon for the first time she'll have everything perfect within the first hour, she is perfect at everything, and when she had dual sharp swords, well she was deadly, she could probably send an army into retreat if she wanted to. She was countering every one of my moves until she headlocked me and I had to tap out.

                               1 month later

"Come on Ravana!" I shouted running down the many hallways of the red room. "I'm coming!" She shouted back dodging a guard, "These guards are so annoying!" Ravana shouted from a few feet behind me while tussling with yet another guard.

We rounded another corner knowing the escape route by heart. Soon we were separated and Ravana was swamped with guards. When I noticed I sprinted back to where I found her laying on the ground, dead guards all around her. I realized that there was a small sword sticking half way lodged into her right leg. I looked up and saw 20+ guards rounding the corner. Soon she noticed too, she looked back at me, tears streaming down her face as she looked me in the eyes as I was sat next to her. "Go." She mumbled quietly, "No." I answered, "Go." Ravana mumbled again. "No! I won't leave you here! They'll kill you!" I shouted, tears streaming down my face now. "Listen! If you stay here any longer they'll kill you too." She answered, "No!" I said picking her up refusing to leave her behind, and ran twords the exit.

A few minutes later. I felt a bullet graze my shoulder as the 20+ guard's neared. I didn't care about the pain though, I was only focused on Ravana slowly bleeding out in my arms. I continued to run closer and closer to the exit.

"If, you don't, leave me, I- I'll certainly, die." Ravana mumbled struggling to stay awake. "I'm not letting you go." I muttered breathless from full speed sprinting. "Listen, If you continue to carry me, you won't be able to get help for me in time. It's the only way. I at least have a shot to live here." She explained, sadly her words were true as I thought more about them.

After a minute of thinking, I muttered, "Okay." Once I rounded another corner. I set her down, back against the wall. That's not until I realized she also got shot in her intestine too. I gasped at the sight and she just looked up at me with a sad smile. "It'll be okay," She said, "Just a scratch." As even more tears poured out I managed to say, "Keep pressure on it." As I pressed my hands on the shot wound, Ravana then moved her own hand on my hands and squeezed as much as she could, which wasn't very much, Making me look up at her. "It's okay, Go. Just know that it's not your fault. I can't have you living and thinking it's your fault. Just know that I loved you. With every ounce of my heart. Don't blame yourself for me." Was the last words she said to me as she moved my hands with her other one putting pressure on her shot wound now. "I love you too." I said as I hugged her, crying into her shoulder. "Go." Ravana whispered in my ear.

With that I let go and ran stoping at the door about 50 feet away from her. And waved as more tears streamed down my face. When I saw the guards rounding the corner I slipped out into the darkness of night.