↬ 𝟽𝟹. 𝚋𝚊𝚝𝚝𝚕𝚎 𝚊𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚐𝚊𝚛𝚋𝚊𝚐𝚎 𝚍𝚞𝚖𝚙

𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘯𝘦𝘬𝘰𝘮𝘢 𝘷𝘴 𝘬𝘢𝘳𝘢𝘴𝘶𝘯𝘰 𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺 𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘦𝘯𝘴

hello again, i have no idea how the manga goes so this chapter is in no way a spoiler because i haven't read it yet. the outcomes of this match is completely out of my own mind and i made it up. please no spoilers in tje comments, because i want to read/see it for myself. thank you!

you know when you feel the nerves hit you so hard that you have no idea what happens to your surroundings? that the focus you hold is that extreme, that you don't even hear anyone else than your teammates?

that's basically how nekoma versus karasuno was.

the game was intense. both teams are really good, both teams are on the edge of falling apart and tired. only two more points for one of the teams to score.

it's currently 27-27, with both of them having a set. it's just a matter of seconds what will decide who will win the match.

to all the friends looking, they don't really matter who wins. fukurodani and inarizaki are thinking nekoma will win, but others are thinking it might be karasuno, seeing the lust in their eyes.

who will win is still a huge question, but y/n thinks both teams deserve it. they're both so good, that both deserve it. of course, nekoma has to win so they can get further, but she doesn't mind if karasuno wins from her team.

after all, the cutest raven haired male is in that team, and he is an amazing setter who helped his team come this far.

but then it happens.

kuroo scores an amazing serving ace, leaving karasuno with wide eyes. no one expected that to come out of him at this stage of the day.

the black haired captain serves again, but daichi is the one receiving the ball. they go back and forth for a while with kageyama setting to anyone of the spikers, and yaku receiving it, or kenma setting it to the spikers and nishinoya receiving it.

when everyone thinks hinata is scoring the point, yaku receives it again, sending it to kenma. nekoma makes you believe that inuoka or yamamoto will spike the ball, but kenma sends it to the back, and kuroo slams it right to the other side of the court, without any of karasuno getting the ball.

score is now 27-29.

nekoma wins the match.

y/n stands up from the bench and throws her hands up in the air. "holy shit!" she screams at the top of her lungs, smiling at her teammates as she looks at the score. 1-2 for nekoma, they did it.

after a long match, the female runs towards her friends. she wraps her arms around inuoka's neck and hugs him tight, then hugging kuroo, kenma, yamamoto, lev; literally everyone on their team. 'cause why wouldn't she? their team had won, and they deserved it!

but one team wasn't so fun. there is one person, one that looks as pissed as he could ever look.

"fuck it," kageyama whispers, looking at nekoma being happy. he shakes his head. he can't believe that they lost from nekoma. is there ever going to be a time where they win from that team?

he's about to start cursing and walking off the court and never coming back, when a short, (h/c) haired girl walks up to him.

his eyes widen, seeing her in her red nekoma outfit. kageyama actually just wants to shout at her for being nekoma's manager, that's how annoyed he is that they lost.

but yet, he will never do that. the one that he loves the most is standing in front of him. her eyes show nothing more than pride; not only for nekoma, but also for karasuno. both teams did great, they both know that, but there is only one that can win, and that was nekoma.

seeing y/n being so happy makes kageyama less mad at the team. they're still friends, it should be okay, they can still hang out. (wow character development??)

y/n clears her throat after a while, looking at the male. she holds out her hand for him to shake, a small smile on her lip.

kageyama frowns but shakes y/n's hand, not really sure what she's on about. she's usually the one to do weird things here and there, so this might be one of them again. he shouldn't even be surprised anymore.

"good game," y/n says with a smile, nodding to her best friend. "you did really good and i'm proud of you. i'm sure you guys will crush nekoma next year and maybe even win nationals. and you know what? i wouldn't even be mad about that, because you deserve it."

kageyama frowns at y/n her words, still shaking her head, processing the words she just said to him.

yeah, she's strange, but he loves it.

"thanks?"

y/n chuckles and wraps her arms around kageyama's torso, hugging him now. she nuzzles her face against his chest and closes her eyes, squeezing him a little.

"alright, i'll see you outside the changing rooms in half an hour."

the girl lets go of the raven haired male and quickly runs towards her team when she hears the coach yell out her name.

she turns her head to look at kageyama one last time before she leaves the gym, smiling and waving at kageyama. tobio waves back, smiling a little as well, feeling that his heart is beating faster because of the contact that he just had with the girl.

man, he can't believe he feels so happy even though he just lost a match. is that really what loves do to you? sure seems like it.

kageyama sighs and turns to his team, walking to them with a small smile around his lips.

if there is one thing that is certain, it's that y/n and kageyama really do like each other.

but there is still one thing that remains unsolved; are y/n and kageyama a couple yet?

guess we'll never find out...

a / n : i feel like this chapter is shit and if it is i'm so sorry— it made sense when i started writing this but now i'm not so sure anymore 🤠🤠 just winging with it you know, u gotta lose some sometimes but oh well. hope it wasn't too bad :)