Rules are Rules

Daring's POV

I can't believe I almost kissed Cerise last night. It was like I couldn't stop myself, we were dancing close, I became lost in her eyes, next thing I know I'm closing my eyes and moving towards her face. I was so close, if Grimm didn't turn on the mic causing it to squeak and Duchess didn't pull me away, I probably would have kissed Cerise on the lips. Maybe Sparrow and Dexter are right about me being whipped. I can't stop thinking about Cerise. I'm really eager to see her again. I was coming from grimmnastics when Briar called my name. "Whats up?" I asked. "Are you--- she pulled me inside of a janitors closet. "Are you and Cerise dating?" she asked. "N-no. No we're just friends" my voice cracked. "Good" she said. "Why'd you have to ask me that in this filthy janitors closet?" I said choking on the stale air. "Because I didn't want anyone to hear you, if you said yes to my question." she explained. "I still don't understand. If I was dating Cerise why would it matter?" I asked. "Grimm and some of the other faculty are getting suspicious about royals dating rebels. It's starting to become a serious thing. If royals and rebels date, both students will be hexpelled, like that!" she snapped her fingers. "So....you're telling me this because?" I said. "I saw you about kiss Cerise at Thronecoming, So I'm just warning you now." she said. "I wasn't gonna kiss Cerise..." I said in denial. "Hex yeah you were! Don't deny it" she said. The bell rang. "See you later!" she said exiting the closet. I exited  the closet after. I guess Cerise saw me walk out of the closet because she was looking at me crazy. I waved to her, she smiled and walked away. I can't believe Grimm is putting an end to royal and rebel relationships. Its not cool at all. Before I liked Cerise, I totally agreed that royals and rebels shouldn't date. Now I don't know. I walked passed Dexter who was with Raven and overheard their conversation. "There's something on your crown?" Raven said to Dexter. "Really?" said Dexter touching his crown. "Here, I got it." said Raven cleaning Dexter's crown with her powers. "Thanks" he said. "Gotta get to class see you later!" Raven hugged Dexter. Dexter let out a long sigh and leaned against the wall. It's going to rip Dexter's pages when he finds out he'll have to stay away from Raven. I walked over to Dexter. "Hey brother" I said. "Hey,What's up?" he asked. "Somethin I have to tell you Dex." I said.

Dexter's POV

I had just finished talking to Raven when Daring walked over to me. He had something to tell me. "Grimm is no longer allowing Royals and Rebels to date." he said. "But why?" I asked. "I don't know, I guess he wants there to be order in Ever After High again." he said. "So what are you going to do about Cerise?" I whispered. "Well there's no point in trying to ask her out now. What are you going to do about Raven?" he said. "I don't know. I mean there's no way a stupid rule is going to keep me from Raven." I said. "Well if you're caught with Raven you'll be hexpelled. Same goes for any other royals and rebels." he stated. "Godmother, Is it that serious?" I asked. "Yeah. See you later" he walked away. Well this sucks, just when I think I'm ready to ask Raven out, Grimm goes and makes a new rule. I was on my way to the castleteria when I remembered that I left a hext book in the grimmnasium. While I was searching for my book, I heard a repetitive punching sound. I went into the weight room and saw Hunter aggressively beating a punching bag. "Everything okay?" I asked. "No, Everything. Is. Not. Okay!" said Hunter punching the bag between each word. I grabbed the punching bag before he hit it again. "What's wrong?" I asked. Hunter layed down on the floor and put his hands on his face while catching his breath. "Ashlynn and I broke up." he said. "What? Why?" I said suprised. "We didn't want to, we had to because of Grimm's stupid rule." he said sitting up. "I'm sorry to hear that man." I said patting his back. "What am I gonna do Dex? Ashlynn was the only thing that made me happy." he said. "You can still be her friend." I said. "I can't be just friends with her Dex. Not after everything we've been through together." he whined. "Well, where's Ashlynn now? Maybe you guys could go on one last date?" I suggested. "I wish it was that simple. See you later Dex" he got up and left. That's too bad, I know Hunter really liked Ashlynn. I hope Ashlynn is okay though, I have a feeling she didn't take this too well.  I went into the castleteria for lunch, I stood next to Cerise in line. "Hey Cerise." I said. "Hi Dex" she said. "Hey, is your brother dating Briar?" she randomly asked. "Uuum. I don't think so. Last time I checked Briar was going steady with Hopper. Why do you ask?" I said. "Well, they were in a closet together." she awkwardly said. "A closet you say? That doesn't sound like something Daring would do?" I said grabbing a sandwich. "Well that's what I saw." she said grabbing a steak. "See you around." I said walking to a table. I could see Briar and Hopper sitting at a table. I know Briar likes Hopper a lot and is too ashamed to admit but, she would never go out with Daring. Especially sense Briar knows that Daring is the future husband of her best friend who is Apple.