Prom Part Four: Time to Party

Cerise's POV

On the way to prom I started to feel anxious. It was like my inner wolf was trying to tell me something. I fought it as much as possible because I was already late for prom and I really didn't want to let Daring down if I didn't show up. The sun had already started to set so I started to walk a little faster. "You're almost there Cerise. Come on." I said out loud. My wolf senses were starting to kick in. Something is definitely wrong. I could feel my eyes twitching and changing their color from amber to dark grey and vise verse. My ears were constantly shifting and listening to every little sound that was around. In the distance I could hear a wolf howling as if they were desperate for help. I turned towards the wolf cry then back in the direction of the prom. I repeated this several times then finally started walking towards prom

I could hear the loud muffled music that was playing and the bright colorful lights shining inside. I made it all the way to the door, I peered through the narrow window and looked around. I could see Dexter and Raven holding hands and talking, Cedar was telling a cheesy joke to Maddie, Hunter and Ashlynn were awkwardly talking to each other. Then I could see Daring slow dancing with Duchess, he looked fairy depressed. I know why, he's upset that I didn't show up but, I'm here now. Before I opened the door to go inside I heard the wolf cries again. "I can't do this!" I said out loud. I ran full speed into the forest, my hood fell off, my hair changed from brown to pure white and my eyes began to glow bright like fire. There was no stopping now. I heard the cry getting louder and louder. I finally came across the wolf. It was Carmine, his paw was clasped tightly in a bear trap. "Oh my godmother! Hold on Carmine." I said trying to figure out how to save my poor cub friend. I pulled open the metal gadget with all of my strength, it opened just enough for Carmine to easily slip his little paw out. Carmine stood up but, fell right back down. He wined as he looked at his injured paw. I heard a wolf calling, it must be Carmines mother. Carmine tried to run to his mother but couldn't. I had to help my friend, us wolves must stick together. I started howling and howling, hoping Carmines mother would hear me and come rescue her cub. I held Carmine in my arms I could tell how much pain he was in. He whimpered whenever I tried to comfort his leg. I heard rustling in the large bushes behind me. I turned around and I could see several glowing eyes through the mossy green leaves. There was an entire pack of wolves here to rescue Carmine. One of the very large wolves poked its head all the way out of the bush. The wolf looked right at me and then at Carmine's injured paw. The wolf gazed deeply into my eyes as a way of saying thank you. Then she grabbed Carmine by his mid body section and disappeared into the bushes. The remaining wolf eyes all faded away. I saw my reflection in a near by pond, I hadn't seen myself this way in forever after. Eventually my haired darkened and my eyes were dark grey again, I put my hood back on and made my way to prom.

I had just walked in I could see and hear Duchess yelling at Daring and him yelling back. "Because I love Cerise!" Daring yelled. My heart skipped a beat. What did he just say?! The crowd was silent and still. Daring looked right at me and I made my way over to him. "D-Daring?" I said. The crowed murmured as I walked and pushed past people. "Daring's dating a rebel? He likes Cerise?" said several people. I was now standing in front of Daring, his eyes were wide open he looked at me in awe, he hugged me as if he was worried about me and like he was royally happy to see me. "Thank god mother you're here." he whispered in my ear. He let go of me and walked up to the stage. He grabbed a mic and started to talk. "Yeah that's right. I'm head over heels for Cerise Hood. You all can say whatever you want, but I think Cerise is gorgeous and if any of you think differently you can deal with me." he said. Daring walked over to me and held me in his arms. People were still mumbling but I didn't care. I embraced the moment of being held in Daring's strong arms.

Daring's POV

"Where were you?" I asked Cerise. "Its a long story but I'm here now." she said. "Well are you okay at least?" I asked. "Mmhm. Hey Daring...?" she asked. "Yes?" I said. "Did you really mean what you said up there?" she asked. "Of course. You're the only girl who makes me feel the way I do." I said. "and what do you feel like?" she asked. "Like I want to kiss you." I said reaching for her waist. I was about to lay my lips on hers when Duchess pulled on my shoulder. "Get away from that lousy rebel! You came to prom with me!" Duchess tried to pull me away from Cerise but, I jerked my arm back then Cerise stood in front of me a growled very loudly at Duchess. "What the hex!" said Duchess stepping away from Cerise. "What was that?" I asked surprised. "That was my friend Cerise Wolf. Now come here." Cerise put her arm around my neck and kissed me passionately. I could hear people gasping in the background. I didn't care who saw me kissing Cerise. This is a moment that I've been waiting to have again for a long time.