Ch3 (A) : "HANDOVER OF THE QUEST"

JAISALMER

"Chikki, I am still saying, let me come with you. I will stay there for a week or two and once you are absolutely settled then I will come back!"

"There's no need Bhai sa! I have done all the preparations. And remember Baba sa used to say, there are some routes on which you have to walk alone. This is my route. Let me walk on it. And I promise, if I ever need help, you will be the first person I will call!"

Saket had no option than to give in to Naisha's demand. He got emotional and hugged her. Naisha was to board the train for Udaipur next morning. It was her last night in Jaisalmer.

"You have never been away from us. I am just worried for my little sister!"

"You little sister has now grown up Bhai sa. She can do it on her own. And if she couldn't then her Bhai sa is there to guide her!"

"Always!"

They heard a sniff and looked at each other. They were sure teary but not nose watering teary! They looked at the door and saw a chubby shadow trying to hide but in attempt of cleaning the nose, the hand was visible. Saket and Naisha smiled at Urvish!

"You know Bhai sa, I am going to miss you and Maa sa the most!"

"And what about Urvish?"

"I would be relieved that I am finally free of that hippo!"

"YOU ARE SO BAD JIJI! I WILL NEVER EVER TALK TO YOU!!"

Urvish cried loudly and ran from there bawling like a baby!

"Why do you always have to tease him?"

"Who knows when I will the next chance? Don't worry. I will attend that 16 year old baby!"

Naisha went to Saket's and Urvish's room. Urvish had stuffed his face in a pillow crying. He was holding a feathery craft in one of his hand. Naisha went to him and ruffled his hairs.

"Go away! I hate you!"

"Hippo! I was teasing you!"

"You always tease me! I don't want to talk to you! Go away!"

"Sorry hippo! You know I love to tease you! And who knows if I will get the chance again or not!"

"You say these things and emotionally blackmail everyone! You make everyone cry! It's good you are going!"

He said started crying even louder. Now even Naisha's heart melted seeing her little brother crying so much for her! But then she controlled herself and said again.

"Rethink again! I may not even get a chance to call or talk properly! And who knows when would we get a chance to meet again!"

Urvish didn't put his face out of his pillow. Naisha looked at him eagerly.

"Okay then... Not even last goodbye it is! I will miss you little brother!"

She ruffled his hairs again and turned to go. Just then Urvish got up and hugged her from behind.

"I will miss you too Jiji!"

Naisha smiled tearfully and patted his head. She then saw the craft in his hand.

"What's that you are holding?"

"Oh this, this is a dream catcher!"

He held out the dream catcher in front of her. It was a large ring, woven with threads in a beautiful pattern on the inside. Five hanging threads swinging in the bottom the middle one being the longest and then the heights getting shorter of the other two on either sides and the end of the thread had feathers attached to it. There were also some beads making it look more elegant!