Chapter 26

I woke up to someone playing with my hair.

"Hello!" Louis greeted me happily and continued playing with my hair.

"Good morning." I said and stretched, wincing slightly at the annoying pain that's been in my side since before the concert.

"You alright?" Louis asked.

"I'm fine." I said dismissively, standing up.

"Why'd you move?" He whined.

I chuckled. "I have to pee."

"Thanks for sharing." He said, making a face at me.

"Anytime. Hey...where is everyone?" "Sleeping. It's pretty late."

"Well then why aren't you sleeping?"

"Not tired. Did you know that Cassie lied and gave me coffee with caffeine instead of decaf?" Louis said, scowling at the floor.

"She likes doing that. Don't ever accept a drink from her unless you know what's in it." I said.

"I won't be making that mistake again."

My stomach rolled and I tried not to grimace. I think Louis was only going to be here for about a week, and if he knew I felt terrible, he'd fuss over me the whole time.

"Be right back." I said, walking as calmly as I could until I was out of sight, and then I booked it to the bathroom, bending over and clutching my stomach until the wave of nausea passed. I walked back to Louis and found him asleep on the couch. I grinned and then draped the blanket over him before walking upstairs to my bed. I spent the night tossing and turning, and when I did manage to fall asleep, I’d just wake up a few minutes later.  I finally managed to fall asleep for longer than five minutes, but was rudely woken up by Cassie.

"Hey! Hey! Wake up, we have school." Cassie said, jumping on my bed. The movement caused my stomach to lurch and I snapped my eyes open, pressing my hand to my mouth to keep from vomiting. "Are you okay?" She asked and I nodded.

"I'm fine! Why?"

"You looked like you were about to throw up. Are you sick?"

"No."

"If you say so." She shrugged. "It's Friday, Friday, gonna get down on Friday!" She screeched, flailing her arms as she skipped out of the room.

I giggled and got out of bed, rubbing my side and wincing. It felt like I pulled a muscle, and seemed to intensify with every step I took. Oi. I got dressed quickly and walked down the stairs slowly.

"Hey, Abby!" Harry greeted me when I walked in the kitchen.

"'Sup, Harry?"

"Not much. Want cereal?" He asked and I shook my head.

"Just some toast." I said, putting a piece of bread in the toaster. It popped up and I buttered it quickly.

"Less tired?" He asked and I shrugged, sitting next to him.

"More or less. I'm not really a morning person."  I said and started nibbling the toast.

"Yeah, me neither, but Cassie's attempt at singing woke me up." He grimaced.

"Sorry about her. She's far too cheerful in the morning"

"It's fine. I'm the only one she woke up."

"Let's go, Abby!!!" Cassie shrieked, opening the garage door.

"Bye, Harry. Tell Louis I said bye!"

"Will do." He chuckled.

*

The pain in my side morphed from coming and going, to being there constantly. No matter what i did, or how I sat, it was still there, making me queasy, and all I wanted to do was go home and sleep. I couldn't, of course, because Louis was still here.  School finally ended, and I sighed in relief.