1.7

i woke up today and it felt like something was wrong

today when i awoke, everything was exactly the same. the sun shone, even through the curtains, it was silent except for the birds chirping, and you could faintly hear my mother making breakfast downstairs.

but it feels different somehow.

i walk sleepily into the bathroom and splash water on my face, relieving myself. i slip on a pair of sweats and make my way downstairs.

the air feels different, and it confuses me. why am i so confused?

when i walk downstairs, my whole mood changes. or rather, vanishes. i try giving my mom a smile, but it doesn't work. it's like i am suddenly void of emotion. drained, almost. like a corpse drained of blood.

"hey honey, how are you?" my mom asks, flipping a few pancakes. i shrug, "fine."

i'm fine, nothing else. not happy or sad or angry, or even tired.

maybe it's just one of those days.

"i was thinking we could-"

"no" i shake my head, feeling irritated.

"lucas!" my mom scolded, "don't cut me off you little shit."

i scoff, rolling my eyes, "yeah, ok."

☹☹☻☻☹☹☻☻

later in the day, after i had gotten dressed, i decided to go for a walk to cool down. it wasn't like me to be so angry, and i didn't like the feeling.

i walk down an empty street, everyone either inside or not home. it's a bit lonely. but then he hears a stranger begin to walk next to him. he looks to the side to see a boy with a mop of curly hair, pulled back by a black bandana. they wore similar clothing.

"hi" he smiles, "i'm ashton."

"oh, hi" he replies, "i'm luke."

"you seemed lonely, so i thought i'd walk with you" he looks ahead, keeping the same pace.

"well uh, thanks" i fidget awkwardly with my shirt.

"i have a feeling we're going to be inseparable." i look over at the boy, who now has a mildly creepy grin on his face.

"okay" i nod.

he seems off.

A/N: GUYS OMG OMG OMG OMG THIS IS THE MOMENT WHEN EVERYTHING CHANGES IM CRYING