𝐆𝐎𝐋𝐃𝐄𝐍 𝐂𝐑𝐎𝐖𝐍.

꒰👑꒱ؘ *:・゚ GOLDEN CROWN
▬fate my prevail, or it may fall. but she
( i am not worth dying over. )
wears a golden crown, and she stands tall
( you're worth that and more. )
@infantwomanro .............. 2021

꒰👑꒱ PLEASE READ WITH...

background ..... dark
size ........... smallest
font .... trebuchet MS

꒰👑꒱ SUMMARY ....

CADENCIA DIAZ only had so long to live. she only had so many days of lying in left, only a few days of maybe successfully winning a swordfight (this has yet to happen, which leads her to believe it won't) and she only has so many birthdays left before it all crumbles and falls. before her sixteen years and sixteen days are up, before she dies... before everything in her life crumbles and leaves nothing left for her. before she blinks her eyes and realises she's joined the thousands of other past lives, all hoping to be freed and reunited with their one true love (or something like that).

being marked for death isn't a nice thing, having a prophecy that ends in you dying isn't a nice thing either. but honestly? the worst thing isn't even that. she stands at camp, awkward as ever and wonders how she's supposed to survive being friends with somebody she has a crush on (who apparently is her destined love?). she's as awkward as ever, as un-smooth as always, and she has blissfully trained herself not to show signs of a crush. and she thinks she's been doing pretty well, honestly.

but naturally, everything goes downhill for cadie. because when has anything went uphill for her? with her few final years to enjoy camp, there's a shift in emotions. loyalties rise and fall, subtlety goes out the window, there are spies at camp- there's a determination to stop things, there's a war coming. and with all that, she's still pretty hell-bent on writing ten symphonies.

maybe things have changed, maybe she's not too shy playing or singing anymore, maybe she feels a little more confident. but fear is breaking down any shields she'd put up, the anxiety of her fate growing closer has her at knife-point. she's accepted her fate but that doesn't make her any less afraid of it.

and as her end draws near, as the make or break of her prophecy draws near, she's still got a bit of questing to do. with friends, half-murder (but... not the illegal kind?), and conflicting feelings that are really hard to keep on track and a lot of staring in her direction from percy (which is... honestly confusing. does she have something on her face?)... cadie's few years left are getting intresting.

but whether she succeeds or fails, she's crafted a golden crown for herself. full of hopes, dreams, melodies and music- shining gold and cutting through the gloom.

whether cadie lives or dies, she wears her golden crown. and she stands tall.

꒰👑꒱ THE CAST ....

THE SONGBIRD
as described in fanfic
CADENCIA 'CADIE' DIAZ