007.

007. triple g[aslight, gatekeep, girlboss] ranch

CADIE WAS glad they stopped, mostly because she was pretty sure there was a rock in her shoe and it was truly worse than a stab wound.

the room they'd all ran to was full of waterfalls with the floor being one big pit, ringed by a slipper stone walkway. around them, on all four walls, the water tumbled from huge pipes. the water spilled down into the pit, and even when percy tried to shine a light on it- cadie couldn't spot a bottom to it.

briares slumped against the wall, scooping up the water in a dozen hands and washing his face.

"this pit goes straight to tartars," he murmured. "i should jump in and save you the trouble."

"don't talk that way," annabeth told him. "you can come back to camp with us. you can help us prepare- you know more about fighting titans than anybody."

"well- cadie's probably after him," percy piped up. annabeth shot him a look that said: not helping! but percy didn't seem to notice, because he continued (and caused a terrible red flush to form on cadie's face) and grinned, "she sang a titan almost to his death."

"i didn't sing him to death, percy." she mumbled, her cheeks hot from being absolutely flustered. "i weakened him enough for you guys to trap him under the sky. and that's not the point of what annabeth was saying." she looked at braires, "you'd be helping us a lot in winning this... war" she winced at the word, "if you came to camp with us."

"i have nothing to offer," briares said. "i have lost everything."

"what about your brothers?" tyson asked. "the other two must stand tall as mountains! we can take you to them."

briares's expression morphed to something even sadder: his grieving face. "they are no more. they faded."

the waterfalls thundered.

tyson stared into the pit and blinked tears out of his eye.

"what exactly do you mean, they faded?" percy asked. "i thought monsters were immortal, like the gods."

"even immortality has limits," cadie said softly, frowning as she blinked quickly. if there was the off-chance she was about to cry, she was going to prevent it furiously. "sometimes... sometimes monsters get forgotten and they lose their will to stay immortal. it's like old gods or..."

...my past lives.

"... loads more things," cadie continued slowly, "er- yeah."

"i must go," briares said.

"kronos's army will invade camp," tyson said. "we need help."

briares hung his head. "i cannot, cyclops."

"you are strong."

"not anymore." briares rose.

"hey," percy grabbed one of his arms and pulled him aside, where the roar of the water would hide our words.

cam nudged her, "make sure he doesn't try to lecture him. you know he can be a bit harsh when it comes in conflict with friendship."

"me?"

"he listens to you just as much as he listens to annabeth."

"so why don't-"

"go."

she went over, just as percy was snapping at braires. "briares, we need you. in case you haven't noticed, tyson believes in you. he risked his life for you, did you know that?" he glared, "my baby brother could've died, he could've-"