12

Luna sipped her cocktail as she watched how the people in front of her danced. Christine was mumbling to herself. She couldn't handle alcohol very well.

Phoebe and Lennart first started dancing innocent and kept laughing, but that had changed into energetic grinding and intimate touching.

As it became later and later, the music changed and soon the whole club smelled like desire, a heavy aroma in the air.

Nyx had been dancing with several people, taking one shot after the other. He had been grinding with one girl but stopped soon, as if she wasn't good enough. But Luna saw what a gorgeous young woman it had been. He either had something on his mind or wasn't in the mood for sexual dances.

However, her time babysitting Christine was over. She slowly started to sober up. Luna had ordered the bartender to only give her virgin drinks, which started to work their magic.

"I gonna go dancing," she said to Christine and got up before her niece could protest. Luna's shadows told her that on the crowded dance floor many people touched her wings. She cringed at the thought, but Nyx's shield kept her safe and sound.

She needed to let go of the responsibilities she had, just for now. Forget all the exhausting weeks in the Illyrian camps. Moving to the rhythm of the music, Luna could finally loosen up.

Her hips swung around smoothly. For a second she stopped when she felt two hands grab on to her sides. "Liking the evening, Shadowsinger?" asked Nyx as he leaned to her ear.

Luna kept dancing, she didn't want to stop for a second. Nyx started to move with her from behind, keeping his hands on her sides. She spread her wings a little bit, so Nyx was able to get closer to her.

"Very much. How about you, Heir?" Luna moved her head back so it was easier to talk to him. Slowly his hands slid down to her hips. Her shadows twirled around him, hugging him.

He smelled like his cologne and sweat and Luna breathed in deeply. The scent made her mouth water, made her move her hips backwards to meet his own.

His body was hard and hot behind her and the red lights reflected on the crystals around them.

"I'm having a great time," he said and his voice was hoarse for some reason. "Now, show me your moves, dear Luna."

She laughed. If he wanted to know how good she was at dancing, she would make him feel it. Nyx kept his face close to her ear and Luna raised her hands, tangling her fingers into his soft hair.

As the music became more intense with a low bass, so did her movements. Luna pressed her entire body against him, still swinging. His hands grabbed her hips tighter, his breath quickened as she was grinding against him.

The alcohol in her veins felt like fireworks, sending sparks all over her body. The skin that touched Nyx's body was on fire, but for some reason it wasn't enough. The fabric that separated her skin from his was somehow unbearable.

Nyx became rougher with his movements, which wasn't unpleasant. One hand moved up to her stomach, and stopped right under her breast, holding her ribs. His thumb made circling motions and to Luna's surprise, she let out a moan.

Nyx's breath faltered for a moment, he pressed his nose into her hair. She could hear him inhale her scent.

Luna could only hope that her scent of desire would get lost amongst all the other scents. Did she feel desire for Nyx or was it just something in the air?

Whatever it was, it was overwhelming her. She needed to go outside and clear her foggy mind. Turning around, she looked right into Nyx's heated eyes. He was completely focused on her, like a true Fae man.