you talk about me?

summary: after morgan deals with arresting carl buford, reid decides that bringing up what his sister said when he visited his home might bring a smile to his face.

warnings: referenced past child sexual abuse

set: season 2

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seeing Morgan acting the way he was stirred an uncomfortable feeling inside Reid. Never in their years of friendship had the man seen his friend so...distant, unhappy.

The whole situation had been tough on everyone, but that couldn't compare to how Morgan was feeling. Having his past exposed in such a way was something Reid hoped would never cross his path, everyone had things they wished could be kept swept under the rug.

Reid hadn't a clue about the past Carl Buford and Morgan shared; neither had anyone on the team - it was a heart-breaking revelation no one expected to uncover about their fellow co-worker. Not only did they now have many boys who had their innocence stolen from them to early, but they also had a close friend. He could see the pain and mixed emotions on his friend's face as they boarded the jet, it never changed from the moment they all sat down and the flight began.

They were half-way through their travels when Reid decided enough was enough. His heart couldn't bear to see such torment on his friends face for any longer. Part of him knew the man would mostly likely want to be left alone - and there was no way Reid would try to understand or even talk about the days event. How could someone like him understand?

But a small memory from a couple days ago painted itself fresh in Reid's mind and an idea popped into his head.

He stood up from the sofa that he had claimed and slowly approached Morgan, who was sat down the opposite end to where he was previously seated in the jet. His headphones were on the table in front of him, loosely gripped in his hand as if he wanted to get lost in his own world but couldn't quite do it.

Reid awkwardly cleared his throat, making his presence known, before seating himself in the chair opposite his friend.

Morgan opened his eyes at the sudden presence in front of him and they softened slightly when he saw it was Reid.

"Hey kid." He said quietly, greeting his friend without his usual cheery tone and charming smile.

Reid gave his typical 'Reid' smile in return. "Hi."

Morgan shifted in his seat, his face wore a tired expression, "Look Reid, if you're gonna try and comfort me-"

"Actually that's not why I uh, came here." He said, fidgeting with his hands in his lap. "Can I ask you something?"

The man looked as though he was about to say no before he hesitated. Morgan sighed and leaned back in his chair. "Go ahead."

Reid smiled as he looked down at his lap and chuckled, "You talk about me?"

Morgan frowned, clearly not understanding. "What?"

"When I uh, went to your Mother's place with Prentiss, well, your sister was there too - both actually! Anyway, we talking about, well, you, and she-"

"Is this going anywhere kid?"

"Oh right, yeah, and they asked if I was Dr. Reid so I said yes and apparently..." He dragged out his word before looking back up at Morgan, a teasing smile gracing his face. "You talk about me."

It took a moment for Morgan to process the mans fast dialogue but when he did he sighed and shook his head. For a second Reid thought his plan had failed and he had made his friend feel even worse but that was before he saw the small smile form on his face.

"I'm guessing Sarah said that?" He asked.

"Mhm." Reid answered smugly.

Morgan almost, almost, let Reid have this one before realising that messing with the kid was just a little too much fun.

"Oh well she's known for telling lies." He replied, trying not to smile at the look that Reid gave him which translated to "Oh really?".

"And you know what, I distinctly remember your Mother smiling - smiling when Sarah mentioned my name." Reid continued, his smug smile only growing as he giggled.

Morgan couldn't help himself as he laughed along with his friend. The sight of Reid smiling and giggling was something the man could never get bored of, it was a singular act that could light up an entire room.

"And your hypothesis from that encounter Doc, is what exactly?" Morgan asked when his friend's laughing came to a stop.

"That you Morgan," Reid sat back in his chair and tucked his hands behind his head, still smirking, "Told your Mom about me."

"I did not-"

"How come she knew about-"

"Beats me Reid I honest-"

"But statistically speaking she-"

"Woah would you look at the time!" Morgan interrupted, looking at his watch-less wrist and faking a loud yawn, "I really am quite tired."

Reid crossed his arms, "Morgan-"

"Sorry can't hear you I'm asleep." The man whispered as he leaned his head against the window and closed his eyes, making some rather exaggerated snoring sounds which Reid wasn't particularly fond of.

A few minutes of silence passed and Reid sighed, smiling at his friend who looked the most relaxed he had been in hours - content that his plan had worked out the way he had hoped.

Reid stood up from his seat and made a move to walk back to the sofa when Morgan spoke up.

"Thanks pretty boy."

The kid's smile only grew.

"Get some rest Morgan."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------