sorry won't save him

summary: reid and morgan make a bad decision by following the unsub into an abandoned building; to make everything worse - the killer they are hunting enjoys watching friendships end at the hand of one of the victims.

warnings: violence, blood/gore

set: season 4

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Reid take the back, I'll take the front." Morgan yelled as he pulled out his gun, watching his co-worker mirror his actions before running off down the side of the building.

The Unsub they had been searching for was Robert Grenstall, a 43 year-old man who was forced to kill his best friend by his Father at the innocent age of 8. The case had been tough so far, 8 victims over 2 months, 4 of those victims survived after being forced to shoot their friend - safe to say it hadn't been easy tracking the guy down.

After pulling up old prison files Garcia had managed to find Robert, the man had a whole new identity after the traumatic incident he suffered but she did produce 2 stable addresses. Morgan had paired with Reid to go to his work one which lead them to the abandoned building.

The man stepped towards the door, knocking loudly. "Robert Grenstall FBI!" As expected he didn't receive a response and proceeded to kick the door down.

The building was tall and big, the room was spacious and covered in dirt - not to mention the smell. Morgan walked forwards and looked around, there were various chairs scattered around, some coated in dried blood while others were clean. The floor was a mixture of dirt, blood and what looked like vomit.

The man wrinkled his nose in disgust. He turned a corner and was met with what seemed to be the official place of murder. A singular chair was placed in the centre, leather straps were attached to the arms and legs of the furniture and splatters of blood decorated the dark wood. Thinking about what the poor victims went through was never an easy thought.

Morgan took a step closer when he heard a sound behind him.

The sound of a gun clicking.

He spun around, aiming his gun high before he froze like a deer in headlights. It was Reid. His friend looked scarily calm considering a gun was buried in the side of his head, the end of it not visible due to his unruly curls. Robert stood behind him, holding the gun with his right hand while the other gripped the man's arm.

"Put the gun down now, or the boy dies." The man growled, tightening his grip on Reid's arm, making the man wince and close his eyes.

Morgan swallowed, edging closer. "You know I can't do-"

"Now or your friend gets it!" He yelled.

Morgan could see Reid pleading with his eyes for his friend not to do it, to keep hold of the gun and save himself. But he knew that wasn't going to happen, not on his watch.

"M-morgan-"

"SHUT IT!" Robert yelled, turning the gun to shoot 2 bullets into ceiling, making both Agents flinch at the unexpected noise.

"Okay man, I'm putting the gun down." Morgan very slowly lowered his weapon to the floor, keeping his hands visible as he kicked it to the side.

"Good." The Unsub smiled, "Good, good, very good." He zoned out a for a second before snapping back into reality, his face contorting into anger once more.

He let go of Reid but kept his gun trained on his head. "Now, go tie up your friend on that chair." Robert gestured to the one Morgan had found only minutes ago.