Finally Making Her Proud

Monday 3:00pm

Maddie's P.O.V

I was waiting in line to find out where I was on the pyramid. "Right girls, at the bottom of the pyramid is Mackenzie, you were 5th not the best Kenz but considering that you were up against 4 other ALDC dancers and they are all older than you, I think I'll let this one slide. Kendall your next, you were 4th but in the group dance you could have done so much better. Nia I'm impressed you came 3rd and you showed me that you work hard, but you need to give that little extra in the group. Chloe your solo was 2nd I'm impressed, but your legs were really floppy in the group dance. Next is Isabella, Is you showed me that you're a true ALDC dancer." Abby told us. Only one space left and it's mine! "On the top is Maddie" Abby said while everyone clapped for me, my mom gave me a cheeky wink #cringe. "Maddie you had 1st place and danced beautifully in the group dance, well done" Abby congratulated me and I smiled. "This week we will be travelling to....New Jersey to dance at dance central dance competition." Abby announced, we all clapped. I love New Jersey! "we will be doing a group dance called red with envy dedicated to the witches and warlocks in Ohio because they tried stealing one of my girls, and sadly yes they will be in New Jersey so we need to bring our A game" Abby rolled her eyes but had a really strict tone in her voice. "Abby will there be any solos this week?" My mom Melissa asked, she always has to ask doesn't she. "Yes Melissa there will be two solos this week, they will both be against each other so it's going to be survival of the fittest" Abby told us. I kinda hope it won't be me this week, if Abby is calling it "survival of the fittest" I certainly don't want be involved. "The first solo is going to Chloe" Abby said, we all clapped for Chloe, she doesn't get solos often. "Chloe you will be doing a jazz solo called 'I want to be a rockette' it's a fun cute number that I think you will enjoy" Abby explained. "Our last solo is going to Isabella" we cheered, thank god a week off privates this week! "You Isabella will be doing a tap solo called 'the game of love'. It's really cheesy but I think you can pull it off" Abby informed her. I didn't get a solo, I didn't get a solo I say on my head. I was actually quite happy because well I finally get a small break, me and Mack. Maybe we could go shopping or maybe I could catch up with my school work, nah shopping sounds more exciting. The moms were sent upstairs and we began our dance.

9:20pm

We finally finished our dance and it was looking uh okay but Kendall needs to point her toes and I keep messing up on one little bit of the dance, but we still have a couple more days off before we go to New Jersey. I walked into the dancers den and sat next to Isabella, I hadn't really chatted to her today. "Hey chic" Isabella greeted me. "Hello beautiful, well done for getting a solo this week" I mentioned, "thanks but you deserve it" she told me. "Thanks, but I should be thanking you, finally I get a few extra hours to myself" I admitted. "Well in that case, no problem" she laughed, I laughed with her. Abby walked in "Isabella a word" Abby boomed, and walked straight back in. Isabella got up and gave me a help me look, sorry I mouthed to her. Wonder what that could be about. "What do you think that was all about" Kendall asked, "I honestly don't know" I answered. A few minutes later I could hear music. "Shh can you her that" I wondered. "Yeah" Kendall said. Me and Kendall were the only ones in the den so it wasn't us to playing music, it must be coming from the studio I thought. About 5 minutes later Isabella came back in. "So" Kendall said, "what was all that about" I questioned. "Promise you won't say anything" Isabella asked, we both nodded. "I'm competing tomorrow, for Abby and representing the ALDC in some competition in the local collage. The prize is 150 thousand dollars for the ALDC and we get to star in a TV commercial for lyrical dancewear." Isabella revealed. "WOW" Kendall said amazed. Wait, Abby picked her over me? I like Isabella and all but I'm the favourite. "That's great" I faked a smile. "Thanks girls" she thanked us. "I better get going, my mom and Kenz are in the car waiting" I said grabbing my dance bag. We all said goodbye and I left.

Isabella's P.O.V

Tuesday 10am

I was sat in my small dressing room with my mom and Abby. My mom and Abby were talking about me and my mom's lives before we moved here to Pittsburgh. I wasn't really included in the conversation, I was more concentrated on doing my makeup if I'm going to be honest. I was going for a teal eyes with loads of glitter, I had red lipstick on with a glittery lip-gloss, what? You can never have enough glitter. I curled my hair and had a blue head piece in. Abby made me run over my dance.

Chloe's P.O.V

Myself and my mom pulled up at the ALDC ready for my private lesson. We got to the front desk and sat there was Gianna. "What are you doing here?" She asked, "I'm here for my private" I answered. "Abby is at a competition at the moment" Gianna explained. "Competition?" I wondered. "Yes, with Isabella" Gianna told us. ISABELLA! All that girl does is steal my time away from Abby, that girl is an..an...AN ABBY TIME STEALING LITTLE WITCH! "WHAT!" My mom roared. Me and my mom stormed out, my mom got out her phone and immediately called Abby. Shit is about to go down!

Abby's P.O.V

I was watching Isabella practise when I had a phone call, off ... Christi. I told Isabella to take a break, I was going to be a while. "Hello" I answered. "ABBY WHAT DO YOU THINK YOUR DOING AT A COMPETITION?" Christi screamed down the phone. "Entering a student of course" I stated the obvious. "YEAH WHEN YOUR SUPPOSED TO BE TEACHING MY DAUGHTER HER SOLO FOR HER COMPETITION" Christi shouted, I held the phone away from my ear. "Christi I'll teach her it tomorrow, don't sweat" I told her. "SWEAT SWEAT.... THAT'S WHAT MY DAUGHTER SHOULD BE DOING RIGHT NOW BUT NO YOU HAD TO GO AND TAKE YOUR STUPID LITTLE FAVOURITE ISABELLA TO SOME LAST MINUTE COMPETITION" She rambled on and on and on. I couldn't be bothered any more so I just put the phone down, she isn't worth my time. I continued with Isabella, time flew by and she was ready to dance. Me and Ella took our seats in the audience and waited for Isabella.

Isabella's P.O.V

"And now please help me welcome to the stage act number 15 with Cry" the announcer announced. I walked on and took my place. "Oh I, I guess it's been a while since I've seen the shine, since I have smiled, the song played and I danced so elegantly. I knew I was doing Miss Abby proud. I done a few leaps and pirouettes. I finished and smiled, the crowd were on their feet clapping for me, I walked off stage with a huge smile. A standing ovation...wow!

I sat down on the stage wait for the results. "Moving on to the solos" The announcer informed. I wasn't called for 10th through 2nd, so I either had 1st place or I had lost all together and failed. "And the winner winning $150 thousand dollars for her dance school and a commercial with lyrical dancewear is.........ACT NUMBER 15, ISABELLA WITH CRY" The announcer shouted! I won!!!!!! I jumped up and collected this big huge cheque, a crown, a sash with '1st place junior' on it and a huge trophy. Everyone was cheering for me it felt amazing! "What dance school are you're from?" the announcer wondered. "THE ABBY LEE DANCE COMPANY" I chanted down the mic.

I finally arrived back in the dressing room, a lady had to help me take the cheque and trophy down. I opened the door and my mom and Abby cheered. The women handed Abby the cheque and left. We were all jumping up and down. Abby hugged me tight. "I'm proud of you kiddo" she winked. "I'm glad I made you proud" I giggled. I can't even explain how happy I am, I can't wait to tell Maddie and Kendall!