Chapter 6: The End of the Beginning

Harry put away the last of his things. After going to Borgin and Burkes, he had stopped by the trunk shop to get one. He had made a few more stops at Madam Malkin's, a grocery store, and a furniture shop. His room (Dudley's old room) had been transformed.

White wood bookshelves lined the walls, filled with magical and muggle books. The cabinets bellow these bookshelves were stuffed with potion ingredients and different trinkets he had picked up, with his cauldron a few feet away. His expanding trunk was in a corner sitting next to an array of potted plants next to his new wardrobe which Harry had added his new clothes into. He had switched out his cot for a white and blue full sized bed which had been placed next to a window, a few armchairs and a coffee table around it. Finally, he had picked up a mini fridge and a small pantry in which to put his food. 

Harry sat down on one of his new armchairs to appreciate his new room. Magic had played a huge part in organizing all of his new things. The Dursleys had freaked when they saw the furniture floating up the stairs. Petunia's face had been hilarious. He had hailed a taxi to get back, and had ended up not being able to carry his things because his illusion was just that-an illusion. Because it was so dark, the driver hadn't been able to see his things fly out of the car. 

He had arrived at 4 p.m., and had proceeded to yell "I'm hooooome!" before going up to kit out his new room. Getting out of his tiny cupboard had been a relief. The only thing left to do was put up some wards around his door. Because he wasn't that advanced in magic yet, he had bought something called a "Pre-made Lock Ward," which allowed you to stick runes on your wall and then power them with magic. It had been super expensive, but Harry was hoping it would be worth it as it also came with a sound muffling ward built in. No more Petunia banging on his door at 6 in the morning. Not that she would have the guts to do that anyway. 

Harry shook these thoughts from his mind, and began focusing on setting up the ward. It was surprisingly simple, he just had to slap it onto the wall and push his magic into it. The rune sent out about six rays, all white. They ended in different runes which glowed briefly before going dull. 

Well then- With that done, all that's left is study.

Hey guys!

Sorry about the short chapter. I just wanted to say that I'm going to entirely change Harry's personality. Instead of being more apathetic and cold , I'm going to make him more 'human', if you know what I mean. Or seemingly nice I guess. Well, that's it. Thanks for reading!