7.

Lily

Lily had only gotten a couple hours of sleep. She ignored Mary and Marlene's questions, and forced them out. She was going to be stuck here all day, taking care of Cassie, and she didn't want them to distract her. Or say anything considering how horrible Cassie would feel hungover.

Lily was in the bathroom when she heard Cassie groan from her bed. She placed the towel on the edge of the sink, and walked out to see her.

"How do you feel?"

"Like shit," she mumbled into the pillow.

Lily sighed, walking over to her. She brushed her hair out of her face. "Do you need anything? Water, food-"

Cassie lifted her hand weakly. "That," she mumbled, "I need food."

"I'll get you some. Anything else?"

"Ineedagetitmyself," she muttered, barely sounding audible. She groaned again.

Lily rolled her eyes. "You're staying here. I'll be back."

Before Cassie could respond, Lily was already out of the door. She didn't want to make conversation with anybody. That would only keep her longer. She quickly made her way to the Great Hall were there was only a couple people, hence how early it was. James waved at her. She noticed Sirius practically falling asleep on his plate, Peter eating happily, and Remus wasn't there. James seemed perfectly fine. She made her way over to them.

"How are you not hungover?"

James shrugged. "I don't get that effect."

"Okay, well, Cassie can't make it to practice."

He frowned. "What? Why not?"

"Because Cass is a sane person who gets hungover," Sirius mumbled.

"And she can barely speak," she added. "She's passed out in my dorm right now, I'm just getting her food."

Sirius glared at James. "See! Lily doesn't force Cass to get up and go to practice. James, my best mate, I love you, but right now, I don't think I do."

"Is she okay?" Peter asked.

Lily nodded. "Yeah, just hungover." She tapped Sirius's shoulder. "Come on, I'll steal you away from James."

Sirius smiled. "Cheers, Evans."

She grabbed a plate full of food; Sirius helped her because he knew everything about Cassie. They said goodbye to James and Peter, and then left together. Lily never expected herself to get along with Sirius, but last night had happened and he was also Cassie's brother. She should've gotten along with him. And James, too. But Remus and Cassie, even Peter, seemed like the only tolerable ones.

"So, where's Remus?"

Sirius looked at her, raising his brow. "You're not gonna say anything, right?"

"No, of course not. I think you guys are good together. But Remus is also my best friend, and I'm not afraid to do something to you if you hurt him."

He grinned. "I can see why my sister likes you."

"What?"

He nodded. "Look, Dorcas and Peter? Her absolute best friends. She loves them. She loves James, Remus, me. We're all her best mates. But here's the thing, ever since she became friends with you, she's been the happiest I've ever seen her. Fuck," he muttered, wincing. She opened her mouth to ask if he was okay, but he held up his hand to stop her. "I'm good. Okay, back to what I was saying. Cass has not cried ever since she met you. She has been the happiest I have ever seen her. And I don't know what kind of magic you possess, but it's clearly working and I cannot thank you enough, Lily Evans."