13.

tw - homophobic slur

Lily

Cassie hadn't been on the train. Sirius was, but no Cassie. She asked James about it and he said she was coming to Hogwarts in a different way. She didn't know what that meant.

At one point, when she was searching, she found Regulus and a couple other Slytherins. She wanted to say something, but he didn't look like he was in the mood. He was simply trying to read and his "friends" were saying stuff and laughing. That's when Lily saw him punch one of them in the face. She used the spell she used when she spied on Cassie and James.

"What the hell was that for, mate?!"

"I'm not your mate. And if you ever say anything about my sister again, I'll give you more than a bloody nose."

"We was just asking, Black. Is it offensive to say dyke?"

Lily rolled her eyes. Yes, she thought, it is.

"Yes, you dimwits. And she's fine, thanks for asking," he muttered.

One of them shrugged. "Well it is pretty attractive. Say, does she-"

A crack.

"FUCK! What was that for?!"

Regulus smirked. "I warned you." He walked out, and stopped shortly. "Lily."

"Regulus."

"How much did you hear?" he asked, eyes wide.

"Most of it. She'd be proud of you, you know."

He smiled. "Yeah. For breaking people's noses? Ha. She'd give me a gold medal."

Lily laughed. "Do you want to sit with us?"

He said yes and walked back over with her. He sat with Sirius, they were still trying to mend their relationship. Lily decided to do some reading. She needed to clear her mind.

***

It was lunch time when they arrived. They were all lead to the Great Hall. Still no sign of Cassie. But people were whispering and looking at the marauders. Some even had the paper. Lily felt herself get sick. Why didn't they just mind their own business?

Everybody went silent when the Great Hall doors opened. It was Cassie. And Dorcas, who was flipping everybody off. Cassie looked numb. Her face was expressionless. She sat down next to Sirius, looking down at her palm. She did that a lot, Lily noticed.

While they were eating, people kept coming up to her. There were only a couple wizards between them, so she could hear what they were saying.

"Are you actually a queer?"

"What was it like?"

"Were you corrupted by somebody?"

"Do you have a girlfriend? Who is it?"

They kept asking questions. Kept saying things about her sexuality. Shoving the paper in her face.

"CAN YOU ALL JUST LEAVE ME THE FUCK ALONE?!"

Everybody was silent. The room was so quiet you could hear a pin drop. Lily and Cassie looked at each other for a moment. There were tears coming out of her eyes. Sirius tugged on her jumper.

"Miss Black, would you come to my office?" Professor Dumbledore asked from the front of the room.

Cassie nodded and began walking out. He followed.

Cassie

The headmaster took a seat at his desk. Cassie was already seated in the chair across from him, scuffing her shoes on the floor.