Answers

Shadow's POV

It was that wonderful time, spring was here. The leaves turned back to green and the flowers shown with beautiful color. I was now 17.

Today was the day, the day I would ask Sonic. He had been so nice to me, I trusted him. I've been with him, for as long as I can remember. We were out in the backyard playing some football.

"Catch!" He shouted. I caught the fast ball.

"Nice throw... I need to practice my throwing." I threw it back to him, the ball was straight; but still wobbled a bit.

"Here it is boys!" Amy came out to the patio and laid two glasses of lemonade and some cookies on a table between to chairs that sat under the cool shade of a willow tree. We took our spots and listened as the birds chirped through our backyard.

We took a sip of the lemonade. "Thanks Amy! Best lemonade I've ever tried!" Sonic claimed.

"Get that every time..." Amy smiled and left.

"She's not as annoying as she was 17 years ago." He said. We stared at the green ocean of plants.

"Hey Sonic... I've been meaning to tell you..."

"Yeah?" He asked.

"Well, this sounds crazy, but I have questions about me." He gulped slowly.

"Mhh?" He asked.

"Things have been happening lately that I haven't told you..."

"Like?" He asked looking at me. I kept my eyes on the green grass.

"Well... You know when I brought peaches back home that winter?" He nodded. "Well, I didn't buy them at the store. They grew from the tree."

"You're messing with me like you did ten years ago!" He smiled at me.

"No, I promise. I just touched it, and the peaches grew. It happened with Amy's roses during the drought; and Tails' agave turned green when it was about to drown because it was being watered too often." I told him. He laughed.

"Good one..." He nudged me on the shoulder. I grew angered.

"I'll prove it to you! Look!" I shouted. I went over and touched some wild flowers that grew around the peach tree. They soon burnt. I gasped. "Wait, I didn't mean to do that." Little flames finished the flowers for good.

"Amy's gonna kill me when she sees that! What'd you do?!" Sonic yelled at me. My ears jetted back.

"I'm sorry, I-I can fix it. Watch." I touched the ashes and the flowers took form again. "See, healthy as ever." I was still a bit sorry about what I had done.

"Who'd you-"

"That's what I'm questioning." I said looking deep into his emerald eyes.

"It's the flower. The one Tails and I found 17 years ago." He mumbled.

"What flower?" I asked, but he had his back to me.

"I...I gotta go!" But I gripped his arm.

"Sonic, what is it that you're not telling me?" I asked angrily.

"Shadow, y-you're glowing." He said.

"Wha-" I looked down at the stripes that covered my body. They were glowing with fire. "Sonic, what's going on?" I asked.

"I don't know... Let go tell-"

"Wait-" I extended my arm to grab him, but instead limbs did so for me.

"What the? Shadow, let me go!" He shouted.

"I don't know what to do. What did I do?!" I asked myself. I noticed the stripes on my body grew blue fire, the limbs let go of Sonic. "I'm sorry, let me help-"

"Don't touch me!" Sonic claimed running away, hiding inside the house.

"I'm sorry..." The fire faded.