2

I get home from school, and instantly head up to my room without a complaint. I did my best to act normal, but a few people asked if I were ok, including Marinette. When I looked at her, all I saw was Ladybug. I brushed her off like how I did everyone else, but I could tell that she wasn't satisfied with my answer.

I do my normal routine, and wait until it is time for patrol. When it finally is, I hold my fist out and call out my power, becoming the embodiment of destruction. I use my staff to jump from roof to roof, landing on top of the tall glass building where my dreams have taken place for so long. I sit down, waiting for Ladybug, and begin to sing my song.

I hear the familiar zip of a yo-yo, and know she is almost here. I stand up and turn around, seeing her standing there in all of her glory, a huge smile on her face.

"Hey kitty," she greets, walking over to me. "Ready for patrol?" She asks, and I say, "Yeah. But we should talk first." She nods, and we go sit down on the side of the roof. She looks over the edge, and slightly kicks her legs. She turns to me after a minute and asks, "What's up Chat Noir?"

I look into her blue-bell eyes, and I see Marinette. I take in a shaky breath, but out of the corner of my eye, I see Mr. Pigeon. I sigh, and say, "We will have to talk later. A bird is on the loose." She turns and sees him, and sighs, standing up and stretching.

"Ok. Next time Kitty, let's go save the world first." I nod, and we jump towards the battle.

-After the battle-

"Pound it!" We say in unison, gently tapping our fists together. Ladybug walks over and helps the poor man up, pointing him in the right direction of where he needs to go. He begins to walk away, and Ladybug sighs. I walk over to her, and begin to place my hand on her back, and the second it does, she flinches away.

She looks back and fear is in her eyes, but then she says, "Sorry Chat. You just startled me." I stare at her, and ask, "Are you scared of me?" She shakes her head no, and says, "Of course not. Why would I be?" I ignore her question, and ask her another question. "Have you kept something from me lately that I should know?"

Her eyes widen, and she says in a clear tone, "Chaton, I have to keep things from you. Just like you do from me. Like our identities. Is everything ok?" I shake my head no, and worry is plastered onto her face.

I stare down at her, and say, "you have a secret that you aren't telling me. That's why you are afraid." She looks down, and I know that I am right. She grabs my hand, and places it over her heart. "I am here. There are things that I can't tell you, because if I do then bad things will happen. Very bad things. I can't let those things happen. So, I am sorry that I am keeping things from you, but if I don't, then it could be the end of the world. I've seen it. It's awful."

I just sigh, and stare at the girl in front of me. "See you later ladybug." I say, and jump towards the cold, empty house that is supposedly my home. I get through my window, and detransform. I let out a big sigh, and lay down on my bed.

"Do you know what she is talking about Plagg?" He flies above with a piece of the aged cheese in his hands, and shakes his head no. I just roll my eyes, and get ready for bed, snuggling close to the warmth it brings.

—Dream—

I stand on top of the tall glass building, staring at Ladybug as she walks through the white ring. She comes up to me, and asks, "C-Chat Noir?" I ignore her question, and run up to her on all fours, circling around her like an actual cat. "M'Lady!!! I'm so glad you are back." I stand up and grab her hands, holding them in front of me. Fear is evident on her face, and I can tell that she wants me to get away.

Instead of backing away like I normally would from her discomfort, I give her a hug, pressing her even closer to my body. "I was feline so bad that you were gone. I thought I'd lost you."

Out of nowhere it skips, and we are fighting. She raps her hands around my legs, and I fall over. She goes and runs away, jumping off of the glass building. I feel mad, and run after her. I fall completely flat, as if I'm belly flopping off of the building, and yell, "Now you are breaking more than my heart, Marinette!" She looks back in shock, and whispers, "what?"

———End of dream———

I sit up straight, and rethink the nightmare. I remember it as if it was an actual memory, not just a figment of our imagination. I look over at the clock and am surprised that it is already 6:20. I look out the huge glass windows that reveal the rising sun, and the beauty of the oranges, yellows, and pinks that dance along the sun, revealing the coldness and golden hours of the morning.

I run my hands through my hair, and get out of bed, the cold wooden floor meeting my already frozen feet. I stand up and walk towards my closet, grabbing a random outfit. I change, and it is a loose olive green t-shirt and a pair of black ripped jeans. My shoes are just plain white, and I don't care enough to look at the brand. Most likely my father's.

I finish getting ready, and I grab my bag from off of my piano bench. I decide that today, I want to sit next to Marinette, just to see if there happens to be any ladybug in her. My subconscious obviously thinks she does.

I go up to Alya, and ask, "Can I sit in your spot today? I want to give you and Nino a day together and I want to get to know Marinette better. Please?" She just nods, and continues to talk to Nino, moving where she is sitting in the process. I sit down, waiting for the pigtailed girl to come in, and confirm the truth.