5

We continue to sit there, and I end up describing the dreams to her. I don't give out my identity though. She still doesn't want to know. After I am done explaining it to her, she stays silent.

"I want to know who you are, but I want to be able to guess. So, I will ask you one thing. Do I know you in real life? Behind the mask?" I nod, and she nods too.

"Okay." Is all she says. I look at her, surprised that that is all she says. She leans into me, and the real her shows through again. She takes a deep breath with her eyes closed, then breathes out.

She falls asleep, and I leave, not wanting to over-stay my welcome, and needing to get home.

———

When I get to school the next day, I look for Marinette. She is going up to all the guys, and giving them a hug. I am confused, but then I remember her deep breath.

She's smelling for me.

I have to hold in my laugh. Only she would think of that.

She turns around and sees me, then waves, but doesn't come in my direction. I wonder why, but suddenly someone jumps on me and I realize.

Oh Chloe.

She tries to kiss me, but I push her aside. My first kiss -that I remember- was last night. I don't want to forget that, and the next person that I want to kiss is the same person.

My lady, my love, my life, my princess, my bugaboo, my Marinette.

Besides, I don't want to kiss Chloe.

As Chloe continues to try and kiss me, I finally push her off. "Chloe." I say, being stern with her. I feel like I'm disciplining a small child. "I don't want to kiss you. We do this everyday. I'm tired of it. Stop." She just gives me a look as if I broke her heart, then begins to cry.

She runs back into her limo, pulling out her phone and calling her dad. I just sigh, and head into the building.

Marinette goes around, hugging everyone. I smirk at her, and see her sigh. Her face has a look of frustration on it, and I wonder how I didn't know it was her before.

She looks around, and her eyes land on me. She begins to walk towards me, but the bell rings, and her shoulders slump. She turns in the other direction, and heads up the stairs. I follow her, and soon, we are in class together, but in silence.

Nino and Alya aren't here today, they both got the flu. So, I pass a note back to Marinette, asking if she wanted to go to lunch with me again, today.

She writes back a small, neat yes, and I smile back at her.

———

When lunch comes around, I wait for Marinette, and when she walks out of the classroom, she smiles at me.

We walk out of the school, slightly chatting, then out of no where she stops, so I do too, and she turns towards me.

I hug her, knowing that that was what she was going to do, and I hear her subtly take a deep breath. I smirk, and pull away. "Where you... sniffing me?" I ask, and her face goes beet red. "Well... um... I...I..." she freezes for a second, then the color drains from her face.

She smirks back at me, and says, "For good reason. Otherwise I wouldn't have found you, kitty." I narrow my eyes, and take a step closer. "Don't get all confident now, M'lady. You weren't two seconds ago." She also takes a step closer, so I have to look down to see her, and she has to look up. She is a lot shorter than me, her being 5'5 and I'm 5'11. She scoots back a little, and says, "Let's go on a date, then. But, as our alter ego's? She takes a few steps back and calls, "Catch me if you can!"

I slightly shake my head, and run after her, following her into an alleyway. I watch as she transforms, and I follow suit. She swings away, and I do my best to chaise her.

I loose sight of her after a minute, and head in the general direction that she went. I use my pull to shoot up high, and I hear the familiar zip of the yo-yo.

Suddenly, my staff goes off balance, and I begin to fall forward. I grab onto the string and pull myself towards her. "Hello M'lady." I say when I get up to her.

"Hello kitty." She responds with, even though we saw each other a few minutes ago. "So, what do you want for lunch?" I ask, and she shrugs. "Let's go get a few treats from your parent's bakery, then we can go onto a roof or something." She nods, and we begin to head towards her home.

——

Shot chapter. Sorry! It's a filler and I wasn't sure what to do. But I felt like I had to publish something in this book.