The Floral Duvet

Stupid acoustic pop punk songs were blaring from Gerard's laptop and honestly he couldn't even care less. How the songs even got downloaded to his iPod and then somehow configured to play all in a row on shuffle was completely out of his league. He figured Mikey had something to do with it though.

The brothers were staying at their Grandmothers house for the weekend while their Mom had the house for 'alone time'. Whatever his mother did in her spare time Gerard did not want to spend time thinking about it.

This means both Mikey and Gerard were forced to sleep in the one and only guest room. One of the many downsides of this situation was that there was only one bed.

A single double bed with a horrible pink and floral duvet type cover that they were just somehow expected to share. Their Grandmother ignored their persistent protests of being 'responsible teenagers', and 'too old to share beds.'

Of course she just replied with a lengthy and incredibly in depth recalling of that one time she shared a single bed with all five of her sisters.

Somehow between the part of her explaining about how her hands were forcefully restrained between two boobs and how her dress rode up and she couldn't do anything about it, Gerard cut in with a petty excuse of homework needing to be done.

The elder didn't even acknowledge his presence so the black haired boy took that as a sign to sneak off upstairs.

And that's how Gerard got in this position; The stupid position of sitting crossed legged on the stupid floral duvet with stupid magazines and stupid cheap glue and some stupid tiny pink scissors that he was 100% sure belonged to a preschooler as his fingers barely fit through the holes. He felt like he was trying to mash the triangle shape through the circle hole again.

The homework he took with him - with full intention to do it, seriously - was still untouched and sitting neatly in his backpack.

Gerard did have his sketch book out. It was a natural thing for him, to sit down with the familiar weight of the book on his lap and scissors in his right hand.

His thoughts wandered as he picked up one of the dozen Cat Fancy magazines. If he was honest with himself he was sad that the magazine got cancelled; not that he knew anything about the magazine...

Gerard aimlessly started cutting out the felines and glueing them on the blank page. It was almost therapeutic, the consistent motions of cut and paste. It'd be an odd thing to try and explain to your doctor 'yeah, I got carpal tunnel syndrome from making a collage of cats'

He laughed to himself. He'd have to tell Frank about that.

Frank.

Gerard sighs to himself. What on Earth was he going to do about him?

Just the thought of doing anything with him sent Gerard into a sort of panic mode. He craved for a cigarette to calm his nerves but he's positive his Grandmother would not approve of the situation. He could sneak outside but then he'd risk being caught up in another boring story and Mikey was out there and if he had to guess Pete would probably be outside with him.

Gerard didn't know how the kid did it but somehow Pete Wentz had a Mikey-Waydar built into his system that was constantly alarming him of his brothers whereabouts. Those two were so completely co-dependant of each other it was sickening.

Not that Gerard and Frank were any different. If anything they were probably worse. Pete and Mikey had the advantage of being able to freely kiss and basically have sex whenever they pleased - as Gerard found that out the hard way. Apparently Mikey has no concept of privacy.