chapter seventeen

Your pov

I sat in the far corner of the mirror room. I've been in here for a while, it's usually not that cold in here but Mother made it colder to punish me. She caught me in the sewing room and pulled me out of the room. She then threw me into the mirror and thats where I've been since.

If i just didn't sent the doll out, i wouldn't have wanted to know more about wybie, i wouldn't have talked to him, i wouldn't have done anything wrong.

Mother cared for me, she loved me, but now, thanks to my curiosity and Wybie, she might leave me in here forever.

I heard someone fall on the ground, she must have thrown someone else in, probably Coraline. I kept still and looked back down until i heard his voice "its a prison cell..." Wybie. Did she throw the other Wybie in here? Why, she cant turn him back into sand if he disobeys her.

I Heard footsteps move closer to me "hello? (Y/n)? Is that you?" my head snapped up, the other wybie knew i was in here, he wouldn't ask. He had to be the real wybie. I jumped up and tackled him to the ground,  holding him down.

"this is your fault, why did you have to be on the other side of that mirror?" He tried to get out of my grip but couldn't "(y/n), I came here to help you"

"You're doing an amazing job We're both stuck in here" I said quietly  and sighed, i let go of him, sitting down as he sat up. "You realize that you might die in here, she definitely wont let you out and thanks to you, she wont let me out!" I yelled as i stood up and walked back to my corner "my fault? You stalked me!" "And you became obsessed with a guy you saw in a dream, once!" I yelled back

He stood up and walked over to me, standing in front of me "if i just ignored seeing you the first time, everything would have been just fine, but no, i had to go and make a doll, spy, fall in love and ruin everything!" I yelled and looked down.

He didn't bother replying to that. I then felt something being put onto my back, the sides of it fell down over my body "Your ice cold" then i heard footsteps to the other side of the room. He probably went to sit on the bed. I looked at what he put onto me, it was his jacket and it was warm.

I brought my knees up to my chest and sighed as i put my head down. Everything is messed up. Both mine and his lives are ruined now , all because i was being a selfish child

"Im sorry Mother..."

I let out a shaky breath, saying that sounded...wrong somehow.