chapter twenty

Still your pov

"Hide? Why? What are you going to do?" I looked at him "i said, hide, just somewhere out of reach so i can get between you and her if she tries to attack" he nodded and walked to one of the chairs farthest away from the door and hid behind it. I knew she would know where he the moment she walks in but if hes behind me, i can at least keep her away from him.

"Mother!" I yelled as loud as i possibly could, there was a slightly distorted echo in my voice. Within seconds the doors opened and she walked in smiling. Her head slowly turned to the chair Wybie was hiding behind then back to me. She was halfway into her spider form.

"(Y/n). You know better than to disrupt me when im playing a game with someone. Would your friend like to stay for dinner?" She asked as the chairs and table in the room slowly started changing, turning into the bug furniture set. She sat down "sit, your friend can stop hiding now"

"No. Give me the key so he can ho back." She tilted her head "what about you?" I walked closer to her "ill stay...and continue be your son" "how do i know, i can trust you?"

"Because my real parents probably forgot about me already" her smile faded and she stood up "what!? How? I erased all your memories of them!"

"I guess they were just locked away, never erased" she took a step toward me "dont come any closer" "or what?" I didn't know, i didn't have a plan, i was just making it up as i go.

Out of the corner of my sight, i saw Coraline and vermin slip into the room. She turned hee attention away from me and to Coraline.

She completely ignored me and had a conversation with Coraline on how her parents are behind the door. I just stood there as they talked, not moving at all, kind of offended that she completely disregarded the fact that we were talking and started a new conversation with someone else.

After their conversation she walked right past me as if i was never there and stood by the door. She then hacked and coughed up the key, which was disgusting, then she unlocked and opened the door.

I stared at her as she told coraline that she was wrong and suddenly saw vermin fly past me, landing onto her face.

As she struggled to get him off, i ran over to Wybie "come on! You need to go!" I grabbed hi hand and ran to the door but we never reached it because the floor turned into a web and the middle fell because of the weight of all of us.

Wybie got stuck a few feet above me and i fell down with coraline and the other mother.

Coraline started to climb the web, trying to get to the door and i followed behind her trying to get to Wybie so i can help him get unstuck.

"You're really close" he said as i tried getting the web off of him "really? Now? Be quiet" i spoke as i finally got it off, only for the other mother to wiggle the web and almost have us both fall.

I looked up to see coraline crawling through the door, then down to see the other mother crawling up toward us "move!" I yelled and we started crawling up.