prologue.

please read the trigger warnings in the description before continuing with this story!! they might be updated every now and then depending where the story takes me so regularly check!!

Loud sirens, abandoned cars, screaming people, and blood. Blood everywhere.

George couldn't breathe and his chest was tight, like something was restricting him from the hot air in the room. He was panicking without a clue of what was happening outsidenthese four walls. It was June 13th, 10:26 PM on the dot when the first sirens went off, ones that he'd never heard before. They weren't the sirens you'd typically hear for things such as tsunamis or tornadoes, yet they were just as ear bleeding and fear inciting, sending horror pulsing through his viens.

He kept calling his two best friends, who went out to pick up a few things for a late dinner, all he received were two unhelpful voicemails.

He was shaking, what if something had happened to them? Was this a global thing or strictly to there town due to unluck? What even was this? He had so many questions. This was unlike anything he'd seen before, his brain couldn't process the suddenness of everything. He's never heard of this kinda crazed panic before, let alone experienced it first hand.

He paced around the living room of their shared apartment, taking deep breaths. Behind his moving figure, the door flung open and rushing in came Dream and Sapnap, no bags of groceries for their late dinner. They seemed distraught with wide eyes and mouths agape, panting for any air as if they had rushed there.

George whipped around to look at them,"What? Whats happening?"

He got no response from his friends as they continued to move their furniture in front of the door. He kept his eyes plastered to his friends, watching in a confused haze without a clue to what was going on.

"Guys! What are you doing!" He pleaded for an answer. Any answer, he just wanted to know what was going on outside. 

"George! Shut up and help us!"

(...)

"Cannibals..? What do you mean cannibals?" George asked as he three huddled up in the most secluded room, the bathroom. It was farthest from the apartment door, and if anything happened--or anyone--they'd be a little safer. 

"Its like shit from a movie, they've gone fucking insane, batshit crazy."

"Sapnap! Not so loud!" Dream hushed in an annoyed whisper, moving off of the toilet seat and onto the floor besides Sapnap and George. "Not only that but like..they didn't look real." He added onto Sapnaps description.

Sapnap nodded in agreement but George was still clearly confused, visible from his body language and facial expression. Maybe if he saw it for himself he'd understand. 

"What? What do you mean they don't look real?" 

"They looked dead, George. Like, zombies from those movies."

George couldn't believe he was joking at a time like this, it was ridiculous. "Not funny, seriously, what do you mean?" But both Sapnap and Dream had the most straight face, looking more serious than they ever had. That's when it clicked in George. 

They weren't joking.

(...)

The three figured they were okay to leave the small room once a day passed. They hadn't heard much besides screaming and car alarms, the sirens didn't last so long after they'd begun. Their apartment building however was eerily silent, almost uncomfortable.

Everything felt..odd. It was too quiet, given the full blown panic and the blood hurling screams that could be heard from miles away were unbearingly loud yesterday had ultimately died down to the occasional cry for help by now.

They moved past that though, or at least pushed it to the side for now. They'd already discussed what they were going to do--procedures if you would. 

Quietly, George would gather their non-perishable foods and and bottled water; Sapnap would find backpacks and search through their camping gear for anything useful such as canteens, flashlights, lanterns, batteries etc; and Dream would find anything to defend themselves from these cannibals or what they rumoured to be the living dead. 

George, bewaring the creeks, walked to the kitchen. Something he was already hyper-vigilant of was the fact he had to be careful, contained, and quiet. Everything was in place, clean and tidy as if pure hell and havoc wasn't taking place outside their safe haven. He was told by Sapnap and Dream that if he wasn't ready to look outside he shouldn't. While they didn't have a choice to face the horror and almost even get caught up in it, George did. For the meantime at least. 

But as he stood in the kitchen, the only thing stopping him from looking outside were two curtains. When he turned back, Sapnap and Dream weren't there. He took a few steps forward and gripped the fabric of the curtain.

He didn't know what to expect. He was afraid, more than he had ever been in his life but he knew he would have to eventually. Hesitantly he pulled the curtain to the side. 

There was people limping around with ragged clothes covered in blood, if what his friends were saying was true--about the dead people--he wondered if that was even an actual person. There was blood. Blood everywhere, on the sidewalk, cars, in the grass. This all felt like some nightmare--a sick fever dream that he couldn't escape from. He couldn't escape reality and he couldn't grasp the realness of the new real world.

He felt a hand on his shoulder and it made him jump with fright, he turned around to see Dream, also looking out the window. 

"We can't stay in here forever, we'll stay as long as possible but we're gonna need to go."

"I know, how does this even happen? This feels like..not real."

"I don't know, c'mon, start packing." 

George gave the outside world one more glimpse as Dream left the kitchen, then he too, was out to get ready for the real world.

No matter how terribly horrifying it was.