part 4

Part 4

Emaan quickly pretended to be engrossed in the business section of the news paper when she usually she wouldn't give a damn of what took place in the share market or whatever. Emaan could sense her mum moving towards the dining table. She caught a glimpse of Riddhima when she moved around the table to sit opposite them. Armaan sat at the main chair and Rishi sat on his right hand side and Emaan sat next to him. Riddhima went and sat on the opposite side of Riddhima. The newspaper was covering her face.

Ri: (in a firm tone) Good morning Miss emaan Malik. Finally you could come and greet us inferiors. So very kind of you to join us. She said it all in a sarcastic tone which did not go amiss by all of the others sitting at the table. Armaan and Rishi could not control their laughter and they threw there heads back and laughed.

Emaan moved the newspaper down, rather scrunched it down on the table and gave cold stares to her dad and bro. They both shut up and Emaan got up from her chair and walked to stand behind Riddhima's chair. Bending down she wrapped her arms around Riddhima's neck and planted a sweet kiss on her cheek.

Em: (in a kiddish voice) solli mumma? She pouted her lips to an armaan like look which Riddhima can never resist, be it from her own lovely hubby or her equally hubby like bacha.

Ri: (melting) Aww, mela bacha? Its ok sweety. Mumma did not mean it. She gave a big kiss to Emaan and told her to go and have her breakfast. Emaan stood up so she was behind Riddhima and so she could not see her, then she saw Armaan and Rishi look at her and she did a little victory dance. =). Armaan and Rishi again had to stifle their laughs.

After breakfast Riddhima got busy in the Kitchen and with the house as she had lots of preparations to do. Emaan and Rishabh were enjoying their last Sunday. They sat together curled on the settee together watching their favourite Sunday programmes. Armaan sat on the rocking chair still engrossed in his newspapers.

Em: Bhai, I don't understand something. How did you manage to get mom into not waking me up?

Ris: Aree... That is not too hard. See I called up Muskaan massi and explained to her and we know that you are her laadli. He made face while Emaan spread her smile even further. Yh so she called mum up and engrossed her in her talks as usual whilst dad went and woke you up.

Em: Aree what Bhai. You are actually clever.

Rishi pretended to hit her as she dodged it and they both went back to watching their programme.

Armaan looked at both of them bickering and smiled. He muttered a 'hank you Muskaan' underneath his breath and went on to read the paper.

* * * * * * * * * *

"Rahul!!!!!!" Muskaan yelled from downstairs.

After getting no response she tried again.

"Raj?. Mukul!!!!!" Her voice trailed off as she shook her head. Dressed in her lilac silky night suit and her curly hair slightly pinned up, she stood in the kitchen trying to prepare breakfast. Her long call with Riddhima had put her a bit behind in preparing breakfast as the three boys wouldn't pay her heed and were still fast asleep. She agreed it was Sunday but she was very excited as she knew what the day had in store for her... Giving up she walked towards her and Rahul's room. In her mind she has surely made up the plan to scold him really bad.

She entered the room to find sunlight peeping through the windows but they were having no effect on her khankajura as he was snoring with one of his arms hanging of the bed.

Mu: Rahul ke bache... Tu uthta hai ki main uthaon. Muskaan went and sat down at the chair jus opposite the bed and she put her hand on her head. Shaking it she tried one more time.

Mu: Oye gaddhe?

Rahul jus pulled the pillow on top of his head. "That's it!!" Muskaan exclaimed getting off the chair. She stormed into the bathroom whilst Rahul jus smirked underneath his pillow. Suddenly Rahul felt a sharp ping go through his body. He felt as if a thousand knifes were piercing through his body. He sat up straight and realized he was dripping wet.  Muskaan burst out laughing in her gaddhe wali hassi.

Rahul screamed? "MUSKAAN!!!! TU PAGAL HAI KYA? ACTAULY WHY DO I BOTHER. I KNOW YOU ARE ANYWYAS. Rahul smirked seeing her expressions change as he knew she was boiling at him now.

Mu: Oye gaddhe!!!! Tujhe itni nahi achi lagti main to shadhi mat karta mujhse? Mine Tujhe invitation diya tha kya ki aa Rahul mujhse shaadi kar?? Ek toh har roj tera aur tere dono bachon ka yahi haal hai. Phasta kaun hai bechari main. You know what Mr Rahul Garewaa?aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh?..

Rahul had pulled her down on the bed and placed his hand on her mouth. He planted a big kiss on her cheek as she lay in his lap. Muskaan's temper had immediately calmed down as she looked into Rahul's eyes as they both smiled. Rahul wiped his nose against her nose and whispered "Good morning Mrs Muskaan garewal." Muskaan and Rahul had their usual bickering in the mornings. It's like it had become their daily ritual. In the 19 years of their marriage, nothing had changed. They were the same as ever.  Muskaan and Rahul both headed downstairs after changing and the house maid had served their breakfast. On not finding raj and Mukul at the table Muskaan opened her mouth to scream again. "Ra?.." She felt a pair of hands on her mouth.

She pushed the hands off and without looking back she said "Aree yaar, what is with everyone trying to shut me up, take whoever they just keep on putting their hands across my voice" She glared at Rahul who just went back to jamming his toast.

"Good morning mum" Muskaan heard two voices together as a smile crept on her face. Two kisses were placed on either side of her cheeks as she out her hands up to caress her son's hair. "morning dad" Raj and mukul said as they sat down in order to have their breakfast.

Mu: Arre, tum dono itni jaldi?

Raj: Actually mum we heard dad scream and that is enough even to wake up kumbkaran.

They are laughed as Muskaan served breakfast.

Mukul: Mum, whats the plan for today then?

Mu: Nothing much mukul. Your Riddhima massi had invited everyone for a Sunday dinner today.

Raj and Mukul both sounded excited about the dinner and everyone continued with their breakfast. Muskaan and Rahul looked up to see each other and smiled widely. Gosh! The kids were in a big surprise this evening.