Chapter 1

Well it was nearing Valentine's Day, and Dib had recently gotten all the materials he needed for another experiment, so why not do a Valentine's Day themed one? Not like he was going to do anything else for that day. So he was going to try and summon the icon of this day. Cupid. He was going to preform this experiment in the back yard this time, seeing as how he had gotten sufficient scolding from Gaz the last time he tried an experiment in the house. He shuddered at the thought of it. Shaking his head to clear his mind, he looked to the magnificent machine he'd created. It would function on Valentine's Day and that day only. Everyone knows that Cupid is all over on Valentine's Day to shoot his love arrows, but he uses his magic to turn himself invisible of course. This machine would counter that magic as soon as Cupid was within the vicinity and make it so Cupid was visible. Dib smiled at his own brilliance. He just needed to put on the finishing touches and it would be all set for tomorrow. "This is gonna be great!" He said as he picked up a wrench from the table. He started to tinker with the thing, screwing on bolts here and there, and glancing back to his blue prints every once in a while. He worked late into the night, but he had finally finished his project. He dropped his screwdriver triumphantly and looked over his wonderful creation. He smiled and yawned. "It's late. I should go to bed, don't want to sleep in and miss Cupid." He said. He took the machine to his garage and shuffled upstairs drowsily.

The next day a boom of noise awoke him from his sleep, followed by a flash of purplish light. Dib shot up and groped blindly for his glasses. He placed them on the bridge of his nose and hopped from his bed to scurry down the stairs. A smile was painted across his face for once in his miserable life. He skidded to a halt outside in his backyard to see a normal looking person, other than the fact he was wearing older looking clothing and had a quiver strapped to his back and a long bow in his hand. Dib was confused. Wasn't Cupid supposed to be a little baby in a diaper with a bow and arrows? The man turned to face him, as he could sense that he was being stared at. "W- who are you?" Stuttered Dib. The man smiled. "I am the god of love. Cupid." He said. Dib would have thought he would be surprised that Dib could see him, but he acted as if he was just meeting another child. Not that Dib was a child anymore. He was a teenager, sixteen years old, thank you very much. "You don't look like Cupid." He Said, crossing his arms. "Cupid had no look, kid. I am love, I have no body. The machine you made gave you the sight that let you see me, but you can only see what your mind can comprehend. My true form is something beyond human imagination." Said Cupid. "Oh." Was the best response Dib could think of. "A lot to take in, I know. And, you might want to take a look at that machine, because all it did was give YOU the sight of me." "So... You mean no one else can see you?" Said Dib, disappointed. "Yep." Said Cupid. Dib sighed. Another one of his projects, failed. He might as well make the best of this though. "So, you go around making people fall in love right?" He said. "Those who are meant to fall in love, yes." Said Cupid. "So, can I take you to my skool today? I bet you have some people to shoot there. Uh, with love arrows I mean." Said Dib. Cupid shrugged. "Sure. I suppose there are some people there." Dib smiled. He was going to see Cupid in action. Maybe this wouldn't be such a bad day after all.

While on the bus, Dib learned that Cupid could apparently fly, because he floated near the top of the bus so as to avoid being in anyone's way. Cupid chuckled as he flicked a baseball cap off some kid's head and watched the kid have no idea how it fell of when he wasn't even moving. Dib laughed too. They arrived at the skool and Dib took one step out of the bus before seeing a couple being all cutesy together and exchanging Valentines. It was pretty cool watching Cupid shoot the kids with his invisible arrows and watching them fall in love. It was like all of a sudden, light filled their eyes as they looked at who they'd been made to fall in love with. But they didn't know they'd fallen in love yet really. They just had. And soon they'd realize it. Dib had to admit, it was really quite beautiful. Gaz had stopped sitting with Dib at the lunch table, and she sat at another, playing her game. Seeing as how nobody wanted to
sit with Dib, he sat alone. Today though, he had the company of Cupid, who was proving to be a pretty fun guy actually. He watched as in the middle of their conversation, Cupid notched an arrow and causally shot at a girl walking by. Dib loved watching her eyes suddenly light up as she looked at a boy across the room. "Hey, I know you said you shoot the ones that are supposed to fall in love, but can I try?" Said Dib. Cupid chuckled and handed over the bow. "Sure thing kid." Dib was surprised. "Who do I shoot?" He said. "Just shoot. The arrow is the destiny, it decides where it wants to go and who falls in love with who. I just shoot the arrow." Cupid shrugged and handed him an arrow. Dib nodded and pulled back the arrow. He closed his eyes and let go. Dib wasn't an archer, but boy did that arrow zoom. Must have been the magic. Then, it hit the person he least expected. His face was down in his food due to some bully, and he didn't seem to notice being hit just like everyone else. But if his head hadn't been in a lunch tray, Dib would have seen Zim's eyes light up through his contacts. Dib turned to Cupid. "I shot Zim! Zim is going to fall in love! Oh my god!" He said. Cupid chuckled. "And?" "Zim hates everyone! This is crazy! I made him fall in love! Do you know how insane that is?! I wonder who he fell for!" And of course if you had your head on a table and heard someone yelling your name, you would look up to the speaker. So naturally, Zim did. And the speaker happened to be Dib.

Dib was the first person he looked at.