23

A couple days go by and Evelyn returns to school, it's not as easy as it once was.
Being her true self comes at a cost, a lot of her friends have become distant and the bullies have become meaner.
Middle schoolers are often immature but when someone is "different" their immatureness turns into ruthless ongoing bullying.
"I don't want to be partnered with HIM. HE doesn't even know what's in HIS pants....." Jackson tells the teacher when asked to partner with Evelyn on the project, "You're just setting me up for failure!"
Evelyn rolls her eyes, "Excuse my language but just let it be known that I do in fact know what's in my pants and I also know it's bigger than his." She says
"Okay okay Jackson be polite and Evelyn I'll pair you with someone else." Their science teacher Mrs. Jordan says.
"Aw that's to bad cause I was really looking forward to FUCKING YOUR MOM JACKSON!"
Evelyn shouts
"Evelyn!" Mrs. Jordan scolds.
"That's right you can laugh at me now but just wait, you'll be calling me your step mom if you keep this up." Evelyn says to Jackson.
The whole class laughs well except for Jackson and Mrs. Jordan.
Evelyn usually would just stay quiet and cry but she was just so fed up with the bullies and fake friends. It seems like thee Billie Eilish being her mom's girlfriend has almost made things harder. So many people have been nice to her just to get the chance to see Billie and then dip when things don't go their way.
Echo, Claudia and Finneas's daughter has been her only true friend.
Although,Echo has to deal with her own set of bullies just for being friends with someone who is Transgender.
When Evelyn gets home from school she sees a very unhappy Karissa waiting for her, "what's this about you causing a scene in class?" She sternly asks.
"Wait she did what?" Billie asks, joining the conversation.
Evelyn shrugs her shoulders and says, "well this bitch ass hoe...."
"Evelyn be appropriate." Karissa tells her daughter.
"Fine, this very unpleasant dude Jackson didn't want to be partnered with me for a science project cause apparently I don't know what's in my pants and therefore it's setting him up for failure." She says in a fake British accent then continues in her normal voice, "so I told him I know what's in my pants and it's bigger then his. Then I also said something about fucking his mom and becoming his step mom."
"Billie... get my keys." Karissa tells her girlfriend, "let's go get ice cream."
Then high-fives her daughter and says, "that's my girl!"
"Hell yeah! You tell em!" Billie says high-fiving her as well.
So they get in the car and go to a local vegan ice-cream place, as they sit there eating their treat Billie looks at Evelyn as says, "you know, a lot of people are afraid of what they don't understand, and instead of admitting they don't know everything and learning, they are mean. It's not right and they shouldn't act that way and you shouldn't have to put up with it. Kids can be mean as hell and I'm sorry that they'd rather be mean then admit their wrong. Just know you always have me and Karissa on your side no matter what."
"Thanks mom." Evelyn says with a smile. Then Karissa chimes in, "But please, please be more appropriate at school. You have plenty of time left to say what ever you want but for now can you just enjoy being young?"  Evelyn rolls her eyes, "Fine, I'll try.." she huffs. "Thank you, I do not need any more calls from your school." Karissa tells her daughter. Billie laughs to herself and says, "She gets it from me." Karissa rolls her eyes and laughs, "Whatever, just be respectful."
Karissa noticed how much Evelyn reminds her of Billie and it just goes to show that family is so much more than DNA. Family is love, acceptance,  friendship, and trust. Evelyn and Billie have defiantly formed a strong, unbreakable bond that Karissa is just so thankful for.

-flashback -

"I thought this was going to be easier..." Karissa cries to Billie.
"Baby you're okay! You're doing great." Billie says trying to encourage her girlfriend who just weeks ago had a baby.
"No I'm not, he hates me..." she says as the child cries for what seems to be the millionth time.The sun was setting and Karissa was fed up with this whole "newborn thing".
She was tired, sore, and just so overwhelmed.
"I wish my mom was here..." she cries.
"I bet.. I can't even begin to imagine how hard this is with out her." Billie tells, her giving her a side hug. Karissa's parents died in a car wreck a few years ago and spent most of her time alone until she met Billie.
"I can't do this, he's only a few weeks old and I already feel like I failed him." Karissa tells Billie and then hands the baby over to her as well as his bottle that he's been refusing.
Billie takes the little guy in her arms and places him on her chest, gently patting his back to get him to burp.
"He probably just has an air bubble in his stomach from crying, you did nothing wrong angel. You are a great mother, like you said he's only a few weeks old, give yourself some time." Billie says.
"I'm just so tired...." Karissa yawns.
"I'll take him for tonight you get some rest. The night shifts can be mine, you can take him in the day." Billie offers.
Karissa tears up, "you don't have to but I'd really appreciate it at least for now. Thank you so much Billie." She says
"Baby there is no need to thank me, just doing my part plus if I pushed a whole ass human out of my vagina I'd be pretty tired too. So you my dear, get some rest. I'll wake you if I need anything okay?" She says then kisses Karissa gently.
"Thank you so much, I love you. I love you too little Carter." She says kissing Billie then Carter's head. Just then he burps and Billie laughs saying, "see he just needed a kiss from his mama!"
"I sure do love that kid." Karissa admits
"I do too. We will get through this together my love. Sleep well." Billie says and walks out the bedroom to head into the living room.
"Let's go buddy, carter and mama Billie time!" She says before shutting the door.
Karissa blushes, "I love my little family." And waves then goodnight. Billie takes this opportunity to bond with Carter in the living room, one on one. She makes him a bottle and settles on the couch. She gets a notification from Karissa texting her.
"I love my family so much, I miss you my love."
"Karissa you need rest my love, put the phone down and sleep." Billie texts back

Then she gets another text from her

"Okay fine I will. I love you" Billie sees the text and blushes. She then sets her phone down and gives her full attention to the little human in her arms and is just overwhelmed with love. She sings random melodies to him as he finishes his bottle. Billie then takes him to his nursery and sets him in the crib. She stays there for a moment until she knows for sure that he is asleep she goes back to her and Karissa's shared room and lays down.

Karissa is already out like a light and soon Billie is as well, only to wake up every hour to feed Carter but she wouldn't trade these sleepless nights for the world.

-flash back over-