I Fell For You

I Fell For You

By Katydid

Note from Jordiscy: This short is by Katydid. I am simply hosting it in this collection of shorts for her. Send her your love for this awesome one shot.

My belly flip flops as I raise my fist to knock on his door. Before my knuckles make contact, it swings open and a very tired and surprisingly unkempt Mr. Blackbourne stares down at me.

“Miss Sorenson.”

“Mr. Blackbourne.”

Sean pats my shoulder, “I'll see you tomorrow Pookie.”

“Thank you for dropping her off Dr. Green.”

“Goodnight,” I wave and watch Dr. Green leave for the hospital then turn my attention back to Mr. Blackbourne. He steps back and gestures for me to come in.

I enter his home and he shuts and locks the door behind me. Everyone has been on nonstop Academy assignments, but they've made sure to never leave me alone. Tonight Mr. Blackbourne's the only one available, just having come home from his own assignment and I'm spending the night here. From the look of him, it was an exhausting assignment....and dirty.

“I apologize for my appearance, I haven't had a chance to clean up yet.”

The contrast from his usual perfect self is shocking. His hair isn't perfectly combed, it's a bit messy but not badly, making him look younger. His jaw is darkened with whiskers and he has shadows under his eyes. He's wearing a t-shirt that has dirt and grease on it and ripped jeans.

He's a bad boy version of Mr. Blackbourne.

He takes my overnight bag from me and sets it on a chair in the living room. “I'm going to take a shower and clean up. Feel free to watch TV, I won't be long.”

I smile and give a slight nod as his eyes rake over my face for a moment, then he goes upstairs.

I press a finger to my lip, unsure what to do and look around. His home is simple, tidy, perfect. Well, not completely perfect. He has a few dishes in the sink and it's a little dusty. Knowing what a perfectionist he is, he must have had no time to clean his home lately.

It gives me an idea and I brighten at the thought. I'll give his place a quick cleaning as a thank you for letting me stay here for the night.

I dash over to the kitchen sink and quickly wash and dry the dishes, easily finding where they go. Opening the cabinet under the sink, I find his cleaning supplies and grab a dust cloth and Pledge.

Running around like a mad woman, I wipe down the furniture, making it shine. I hear the shower shut off and glance up the stairs noting that the wood treads could use a wiping as well. Starting from the top, I spray and wipe each step, working my way down. Standing at the bottom, I grin at how nice and polished they are.

A door opens somewhere upstairs and I run to the kitchen, putting everything away, then hurry back, launching myself into a leather chair in the living room, feeling rather pleased with myself.

Soft footsteps draw my attention and I look up to see him standing at the top of the staircase, watching me.

My breath catches.

He is perfection.

He always is, but it never fails to amaze me. He's wearing a white T-shirt, light gray pajama bottoms and dark gray socks. His hair is still wet but neatly combed, his tired eyes are brighter.