| 14 - Isabella |

The drive is silent all the way up until we pull up to The League's headquarters. Disguised as an office building, it's the perfect place for the assassins, hitmen and women, femme fatales, and other agents to work out of while maintaining covers. Rose turns to me with her bottom lip pulled between her teeth, a nervous grimace on her face.

"Are you ever going to tell Alexi the truth?" she asks.

"I already told him that Christian may not be his, well technically he overheard it, but he knows."

"That's not what I'm talking about and you know it," Rosalie grumbles.

"I've tried everything in my power to push him away, but he's insistent on making me his. I can't tell him Rose, it would crush him."

"It's the only mission you ever failed—"

"I know," I cut her off. We fall silent again before slipping out of the car. "I'm glad you're both safe, say hi to everyone for me."

"You're not coming in?" Angel asks with a pout.

"The guys will be pulling up any time now, I'm sure they're tracking your car. You should disappear before they get here, just in case."

"Okay, be safe," Angel smiles as she pulls me into a goodbye hug.

"And don't be such a stranger," Rosalie teases. "Text or call or visit sometime. Don't make me track you down."

"Something tells me you've been tracking me since I left The League anyway," I retort.

"Maybe. Maybe not. That's for me to know," she laughs, making me smile as I hug her.

I watch as they disappear into the building with a final wave goodbye, and it's only a couple of seconds before a car stops next to me in the parking lot with the window rolled down.

"Get in the fucking car, Isabella," Alexi's voice is cold and sends a chill down my spine. I know there's no point in arguing, so I just get into the back seat and cross my arms over my chest. Of course they sent Alexi after me instead of Jess or dad.

"Don't throw a tantrum back there," Alexi sneers. "You shot your own brother. You're lucky I don't bend you over my knee and turn your ass bright red right here. Then again, maybe I'll make up for that when we get home."

"You won't touch me. Especially with my dad and brother and Jess in the same house."

"You weren't complaining this morning. Besides, I don't mean the house here in California, I mean when we get back home in Italy."

"I'm not going to Italy with you."

"You and Christian will be coming home to Italy where you will live with me so I can keep you safe."

"We don't need you to keep us safe. I'm perfectly capable of protecting the both of us without you in the way!" I shout.

"We're not having this argument. You will do as I say or we can do it the hard way. No matter what, we will be in Italy by tomorrow night," he says with an eerily calm tone.

I sigh in defeat and decide to save my energy for this argument once we get back to the house. Alexi smirks, taking my silence as a win. Once we finally pull up to the house, I'm out of the car as soon as I possibly can be, racing to the door in hopes of locking Alexi outside. But when I throw the door open, my father is standing there staring at me.

"You shot your brother?" he screams in anger.

"He was trying to condone human trafficking!" I exclaim desperately.

"You. Shot. Your. Brother."

"Dad, please—"

"I don't want to hear it," he cuts me off.