He Realizes He Likes You

Thomas

Two months after meeting

Thomas sat in his room crying. Pictures of him and Teresa since first grade were scattered across the floor. Teresa had broken up with him. She had been sweet about it but it still hurt. Thomas reached for his phone. Who did he call? Newt? No, he was having a date with N/G (Newt's girlfriend). Minho? No, he wasn't really good at feelings. Brenda? No, she was out of town. Then Thomas thought of you. Even though you had only known each other for two months you had grown close. Thomas took a deep breath pressing your contact. The phone rung once... twice.

"Hello?" came your voice from the other side.

"Y-Y/N?" Thomas sniffled.

"Thomas?! What's wrong?! Are you okay?!"

"T-Teresa..." Thomas stuttered.

"Thomas, I'm coming over!" 

You hung up, not giving Thomas a chance to answer. A few minutes later Thomas's mother showed you to his room. You immediately ran to Thomas and hugged him. Thomas clung to you and cried softly. After awhile you two decided to watch a movie. You sat down on his bed with his head in your lap. Half way through the movie, Thomas looked up at you. He realized he had feelings for you. You were always there to help him and care for him. Not Teresa...

Minho

8th grade

Minho looked up at you. You sure looked pretty in that purple floral skirt. Wait what? You two had been friends for awhile now. He couldn't like you! Could he?

"So, when you mix sodium and carbon dioxide... Minho?" You snapped your fingers in front of his face.

"Y-yeah?" he asked.

"You kinnda zoned out. I know you hate science but try to pay attention."

"Oh, right..."

You continued to study but all Minho could think about was you.

Newt

Summer between 9th and 10th grade

WARNING:

-Mentions of suicide and suicidal thoughts. If you are uncomfortable please do not read! If you are struggling with suicidal thoughts, please seek help from a friend or professional. Suicidal hotline (USA)- 800-273-8255

-Parent leaving

-Depression

Newt sat in the hospital with Sonya at his side. You were standing in the corner of the room. Sonya squeezed his hand and gave him a weak smile. Newt and Sonya's mom had left in fourth grade. Since then, Newt had gotten bad depression. But nobody thought he would try to commit suicide. He had jumped out of a second story building and somehow survived. The doctors said he would be alright but he would have a limp the rest of his life. 

"I'm gonna go get something to eat," Sonya said. She got up and left the room as tears ran down her cheeks. 

You walked over to Newt and sat down on the stool his twin sister had recently been sitting in. You both sat in silence for a while. 

"I'm sorry," Newt whispered, braking the silence. 

You sighed and grabbed his hand. Newt looked at you. You shook your head and tears filled your eyes. 

"It's not okay," you whispered back. "But I forgive you."

Silent tears poured down Newt's cheek. You were the first person to say 'I forgive you' to him. He had been stupid and selfish and he didn't deserve your kindness but you still forgave him. You forgave everyone. You never held a grudge as long as Newt had known you and you always stood by your friends' sides. Newt realized he liked you... maybe even loved you. For the first time in a long time he smiled a genuine smile. It was small but it was a smile. It was because of you.