He Asks You Out

Thomas

Three weeks after braking up with Teresa

"Yeah... Zoey, I know," you were talking to your best friend from Y/H on the phone. 

Thomas walked up to you. You held up a finger for him to give you a minute. "Zoey, I gotta-"

Zoey interrupted you. You rolled your eyes. You took the phone away from your ear. 

"Hey, Thomas. What did you want?"

"Um..." Thomas looked at his feet and shuffled them. "If you would um-

"So, how have you been?" Zoey asked on the phone. 

"Oh, I'm good," you responded. 

"Anyways..." Zoey continued her rant.

You took the phone away from your ear and looked back at Thomas.

"Would you, um... m-maybe, just possibly-"

"Y/N? Heeellloooo? Are you listening?" Zoey asked.

"Oh! Yeah, yeah. Sorry I'm just kinnda-"

"Will you go out with me?!" Thomas yelled and then slapped his hand over his mouth. You slowly turned to face him.

"Uh, Zoey... I'm gonna have to call you back," you said hanging up.

Thomas took a deep breath, "Y/N, will you go out with me?"

You smiled, "I would love to Thomas!"

Thomas sighed, "So... Friday night? I was thinking of catching a movie."

"Sounds perfect."

Minho

8th grade (Spring)

Minho starred at the sign in the hallway. 

Minho then turned to look at you

Minho then turned to look at you. You were his friend. If you didn't give him a sign that you liked him he could play it off as asking as a friend. He approached you and the two girls you were talking to blushed and giggled. Minho was popular and had the reputaion of a lady's man. He tapped you on the shoulder and you turned around to face him. 

"What up, Min Min," you teased. He hated the nickname except when it was you calling him that.

"Oh, nothing much," Minho shrugged playing it cool. "So, I was thinking-"

"That's a first," you teased.

"Ha, ha. I was thinking: you, me, dance?"

Your eyes grew big. You had never thought of Minho in that way. Then again, he was cute and really nice once you got to know him. You were comfortable talking to him and he to you.

"L-like as friends... or..." you asked, proceeding with caution.

Minho would never admit it but his cheeks were a little shade of pink, "Maybe more than friends."

You blushed, "I accept your invatation. See you later!" 

And with that you ran off, leaving a smiling Minho in the dust.

Newt

Summer between 9th and 10th grade

Newt had been in the hospital for nearly two months now. He was tired and worn out from the meeting with the phsycyatrist and physical rehab. Still, he was due to be released in a week. Newt couldn't wait to get back home and sleep in his own bed. You had visited him nearly every day and talked for hours. Newt was grateful for all of his friends' support and love. 

"It is hate that is the enemy. Not men," you read from The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth Spears. "Hate does not die with killing. It only springs up a hundredfold. The only thing stronger than hate is love."

Newt took your hand in his. You stopped reading. You often held Newt's hand when you sat with him but he had never initiated it. Newt blushed and then slowly brought your hand to his mouth and placed a sweet kiss on it. You blushed and your breath hitched. 

"Y-Y/N," Newt began shyly. "I uh... *sigh* I-I was a fool to do... what I did. I shouldn't have... I should have r-realized I had so, so m-much to live f-for. B-but my hate for myself blinded me... i-it made me act stupidly. But your-your... love h-has healed me. I-I really like you. Like, like-like you. So, I was thinking, maybe, when I get out of here, w-we could go on a d-date?"

You smiled like you had never smiled before. You tackled Newt in a hug. 

"Yes, Newt!" You cried overjoyed. "I will absolouetly go on a date with you!" 

"I called IT!!!!" 

You both turned to see Sonya in the doorway fangirling. 

"I totally called it!!!" Sonya continued. "Gally you owe me ten bucks!!! she said and raced into the hall way. You and Newt laughed.