Chapter 11: Car Chase

Ochako, Eijiro, Momo, Minoru, Fumikage, Denki, Tsuyu, Kyoka, and Yuga drove the two taxis through the city carefully, but a bit faster than the rest of the traffic was moving.

"Slow down! We can't catch any attention." Momo said.

"But we have to make it to the destination before the 24 hours are up!" Ochako replied behind the wheel.

"You remember the address, correct?" Fumikage asked.

"Of course we do." Momo insisted. "12578 Shield Street, Manhattan, New York." She opened her jacket and created a functional GPS she then turned on and began to operate.

After some time driving through the streets, Eijiro noticed a tall building amidst the skyscrapers. "That's that one Atlas center."

Everyone in the cars turned their heads, minus the drivers, and looked up.

"Duck!" Yuga panicked.

Ochako stared straight ahead, attempting to look as inconspicuous as possible as they passed by two large humanoid robots on the street, standing next to two men wearing official Atlas badges.

They looked at each other as the taxis drove by. "A couple plane stewardesses driving a taxi?"

One of them smirked. "I think it's time we activated these bad boys."

The two robots were already eyeing the vehicles as they passed.

"Fetch." The first official ordered. And the robots were off.

Ochako instinctively slammed on the gas pedal and launched them forward. The second taxi followed.

"What was that about not attracting attention?" Eijiro asked.

"So much for the fake IDs." Fumikage sighed.

"Just hold on! I'll try to lose them!" Ochako announced as she swerved the car through an intersection. Everyone screamed as she narrowly missed the incoming cars and trucks headed their way.

The two robots took to the skies and flew overhead.

Fumikage rolled down the window. "Dark Shadow!" He called as his living Quirk emerged from his body and immediately stretched outside.

The robots scanned the black bird-shaped mass and closed in. One of them opened up their metal torso as millions of small black nano-bots swarmed out, chained to it, similar in appearance and behavior to that of Dark Shadow itself.

Fumikage's eyes grew big. Along with anyone else who was watching.

Dark Shadow collided with the mass of nanotech that wrapped around him quicker than he could. Then it began to pull as Fumikage felt himself get ripped out of his seat.

"Tokoyami!" Eijiro punched open the door and hardened his skin as he grabbed his fellow vigilante's arm.

The second robot scanned Eijiro and landed on top of the taxi right beside the Hardening Hero. He could see it's outer metallic skin fold up and form random jagged edges all over.

"No way..."

It grabbed his neck tightly. Eijiro loosened his grip but refused to let go of his friend, despite the sudden lack of oxygen.

"Tsu! They need you!" Momo called back.

But before Tsuyu could unleash her tongue, Yuga blasted both robots from the passenger's seat of the taxi behind them.

The one robot imitating Dark Shadow dropped its nanobots and fell on to the street, quickly falling under the taxi's wheels. But the second one did not even flinch. Its skin was too tough now as it continued to try choking Eijiro.