Prologue

Warning for this book, the timeline will be altered for the book!

Back to Story

"I task you with stopping them." Muzan ordered, anger evident in his eyes.

(Y/n) looked up, his face having a bright smile, (e/c) eyes engraved with the kanji, 全知の眼 . He was kneeling before Muzan.

Muzans bare chest and back showing the scars of a thousand years ago still present on his porcelain skin. While the rest of him was untouched, there were scars from an old battle.

"Still licking your wounds?" (Y/n) asked, getting up and walking next to Muzan. Muzans sharp red eyes glared at (Y/n), the earrings of Hanafuda flashing in his mind. "It's been a thousand years and you still fear the man in red."

Muzan slashed at (Y/n), successfully cutting off (Y/n)'s head, though it regenerated almost immediately.

(Y/n) just sighed and shook his head, "You know that doesnt work."

"That wont stop me from doing it." Muzan snarled.

(Y/n) ignored that and spoke again, "So about this task." (Y/n) pondered, "Nakime saw your downfall in the future...and you want me to stop it?" (Y/n) concluded.

"Yes, and you better not fail me." Muzan put on a shirt, and a fancy coat. "I have to return to my wife and child before my cover is blown." He put on a white hat.

(Y/n) was wearing an old fashioned hakama, the pants being black and the top being (f/c). He wore wooden zori sandals. Around his neck were (f/c) beads that were neatly tied, his nails were sharp with a slight curve, similar to that of a bird.

"When have I ever failed you?" (Y/n) asked, a snarky tone to his voice, before smoke engulfed his body, only for it to clear and reveal a crow. (Y/n) was capable of changing the form of his body, and he took the form of a crow, similar to the Kasugai Crows the Demon Slayer Corp used.

The only difference between (Y/n) and regular crows was the irregular eyes and being bigger than normal crows. He had the same beads that were around his neck in his normal form, so that was one way to identify him.

Muzan smirked at (Y/n)s useful power before Nakima struck her biwa, (Y/n) gone as soon as the string was struck.

(Y/n) appeared in a forest, the sounds of bugs and running water coming at him. He looked around, the moon shining in the forest, despite being dark, it was easy for (Y/n) to see.

He spread his dark wings, taking off into the forest.

(Y/n) didn't have to fly very long before an estate with flowers and many butterflies came into view. There was Wisteria, though luckily it wasnt close enough to harm (Y/n).

"How are we supposed to get her to eat?" An angered voice yelled, (Y/n) changing his course to fly in that direction.

(Y/n) landed on a tree, looking at the engawa three girls were on, one polishing their sword, one standing and yelling at the third. The third one was younger than the rest, though what they all had in common was the butterfly pins in their hair.

The one polishing their sword set it down, her green eyes turning back to look at the other two.

"How could you be mad at someone so cute?" She got up and went to the smaller one.

The one with black and purple hair had a tick mark on her forehead, "Shes gonna die if she doesnt eat!" She yelled.

"Why does she yell so much?" (Y/n) thought annoyed.

Though (Y/n) recognized her, "She's going to be a Pillar in the future, and be in the final battle. Same with the small one. Though the one with green eyes wasnt part of the final battle."

(Y/n) watched Shinobu bicker as Kanae just rebutted easily.

(Y/n) didnt look impressed at this display. "How is this girl, that is smaller than 5'0, supposed to be part of Muzans downfall? Along with one that wasnt even able to eat by herself supposed to be a good Demon Slayer?" (Y/n) heavily judged them both.

(Y/n) crowed, successfully catching the attention of the two older ones. Both of them looked to (Y/n), barely making out his dark form from the night sky and shadows.

Shinobu nor Kanae recognized the crow, for it wasnt either of theirs.

"Whose crow is that?" Shinobu pointed at him.

"Don't point at me weakling!" (Y/n) cawed, his feather puffing up in annoyance. Shinobu only seemed to get angered, though Kanae spoke before she could say anything.

"Excuse me, who's crow are you?" Kanae asked.

"I am no one's crow!" (Y/n) huffed, glaring down at them.

Kanae looked confused by this, "Did your Slayer die?" She questioned.

(Y/n) saw this as his opening, "Yes, the weakling couldnt even kill the demon!" He opened his wings, gliding down and landing on Shinobus head.

Shinobu looked up annoyed, "What are you doing?" She asked through her teeth, tempted to skin him alive.

"What is your name?" (Y/n) asked, ignoring her question.

"Her name is Kocho Shinobu! And I am Kocho Kanae!" Kanae introduced them both, knowing Shinobu was only going to yell at the crow.

(Y/n) nodded, "And what are your ranks?" He asked.

"I am the Flower Pillar, while she is a Hinoto." Kanae smiled kindly.

(Y/n) nodded, "This would be the perfect time to end all three of them." He looked down at Kanao, who was watching the interaction silently.

"And who's the pipsqueak?" He asked bluntly, looking down on Kanao.

"That's Tsuyuri Kanao!" Kanae introduced her.

"She doesnt talk." Shinobu added in bluntly. "And don't call her a pipsqueak." Shinobu grabbed for (Y/n).

(Y/n) got off Shinobus head before she could grab him, and glided to the top of Kanaos head.

(Y/n) observed her for a second, Shinobu and Kanae watching the interaction.

He pecked her forehead, Kanao not making a move to shoo him. She just blinked though otherwise had no reaction to the forming red mark on her head.

"Hey!" Shinobu went to grab (Y/n) though he just pecked her hand when she tried to grab him.

Shinobu had another tick mark on her forehead when she reached for Kanaes katana, "Die." Though before she could jab at (Y/n), Kanae grabbed her katana back.

"Don't be so mean to the Kasugai crow!" She scolded Shinobu. "He just lost his slayer!"

(Y/n) had a smug look on his face, and Shinobu knew it too.

"Fine...you win this time."