Chapter 2

(Y/n) huffed and flapped his wings once more, allowing him to stay in the air. The sun was going to rise soon, but clouds covered the entire sky, not giving the chance for the sun's rays to touch him.

He then saw it, a hut among the trees, almost like it was hiding.

There he landed among the many branches, when a snap was heard. He looked to his right, and much to his surprise, there was a boy there.

"How hadn't I sensed him?" (Y/n) internally wondered, though didn't panic.

The boy was a general baby face, his hair being black with teal tips, his mint eyes looking into (Y/n)'s dark (e/c) eyes. The boy was also wearing a white, sleeveless, yukata with a simple cloud design. The yukata was ratty and tattered, not to mention dirty.

The boy, on the other hand, squinted his mint eyes, seeing something in (Y/n) eye, before (Y/n) turned his head.

It was odd, the boy made no movements, just stared. He was intrigued about how (Y/n) wasn't flying away from him, a slight smile shown on his face.

"Muichiro! Time to come inside!" A male voice yelled, making (Y/n) look down. There was a male there, an adult, with black hair. He looked kind of like "Muichiro", who must be the male next to him.

(Y/n) watched as the said make scrambled down from the tree, clumsily making his way down.

"Geez, this baby face is the future Mist Hashira? They don't even act alike." (Y/n) shook his head, almost disappointed at his findings. He expected to find people who were intimidating and at least look somewhat ready to right a demon king.

But all he's gotten is a hot head, a triplet, and a silent freak. He wasn't impressed in the slightest.

(Y/n) huffed and glided down to the open window of the house, surprised the family wasn't asleep.

"Now boys! Apologize to each other! Cant you both at least get along while your mother isn't feeling well?" The male adult chided two...boys?

(Y/n) had to blink multiple times from his spot on the window seal to let what he saw sink in. Now he was sure his eyes hadn't failed him.

There was the boy he saw in the tree, but a carbon copy of him standing right next to him. But the copy, though an exact look alike, too had a sleeveless yukata, but black instead of white.

"What is up with these look alike's?" (Y/n) observed the situation, seeing the one with a black yukata on had a blank face, while the one with a white yukata was moments away from sobbing.

"Are my eyes failing me? Or did I hear the name wrong?" (Y/n) internally pondered, "The one with a dark yukata seems more like the Mist Pillar."

(Y/n) watched the interaction further, only for the twins to then face each other.

"I'm sorry Muichiro/Yuichiro." They both said in sync, though one was genuine while the other was reluctant.

The father nodded in approval, before walking into a separate room of the smaller hut.

Muichiro looked up from the ground, before he spotted (Y/n) on the window seal, his face going from mopey to excited in a second.

"Hey! It's that crow!" Muichiro pointed excitedly, his not so excited brother turning to see said crow. (Y/n) blinked and watched a spark of wonder find its way into Yuichiro's eyes.

Yuichiro looked between (Y/n) and Muichiro, "You...know this crow?" He asked, disbelief laced in his tone. Muichiro nodded his head excitedly, running over to the window seal.

(Y/n) watched as he got closer, unsure what to do.

Muichiro gripped onto the window seal, looking up at (Y/n) in wonder.

(Y/n) looked down at him, and, right then, lightning and thunder cracked behind him.

Muichiro cowered away from the window, Yuichiro even flinching away from it, despite trying to keep his monotone stature.

(Y/n) glided into the house, Muichiro going to cower from the thunder.

Yuichiro himself, went to a closet and pulled out two tattered futons. He laid them down in front of a unlit fireplace, immediately diving under the duvet.

(Y/n) watched as Muichiro was shaking in the corner, lightning and thunder cracking once more.

He could see subtle shaking from under the covers.

(Y/n) sighed and waddled over to the other room, seeing a women and man fast asleep next to each other.

(Y/n) walked over to the boys, trying to think how he would do this.

"Fuck it." He thought, his form shifting into its usual form, his "human" form.

Muichiro was facing the corner and Yuichiro was under the covers, so he had to act quick.

He, very, quickly pulled the two futons together, lifting the duvets to be on top of each other, trying to conceal more warmth, and then lighting the fire. All the while, he moved Yuichiro and Muichiro to be right next to each other.

Then before he stopped moving, he shifted back into his crow form.

Muichiro and Yuichiro just blinked their identical teal eyes, staring at (Y/n), who was staring back at them from their laps.

"That was...so cool!" Muichiro seemed to momentarily forget about the lightening, trying to make sense of what just happened.

(Y/n) shook his head, pushing Muichiro to lie down with his wing.

He obliged and kept talking, Yuichiro just scowling and turning away from Muichiro.

It wasn't long before Muichiro had stopped talking, choosing to stare at the fire. He was mesmerized by it, his eyes starting to drift shut. (Y/n) took this as his cue to leave, and was about to take off to the next Hashira, only to be grabbed and pulled into someone's chest.

(Y/n) struggled to pull his head from under a pillow, only to see a Muichiro, fast asleep.

(Y/n) sighed a heavy sigh, trying to wiggle away from him. Muichiro's face scrunched up in discomfort at the movement, (Y/n) immediately freezing.

He definitely didn't want to wake him and have him talk more, choosing to just lie there.

He watched the fire for a bit...before drifting off into a light sleep.